Post Reply 118 posts
Let's brainstorm some interesting reward ideas!
  • angela talbot
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Let's brainstorm some interesting reward ideas!

by angela talbot » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:24 am

Some great ideas here. Thanks!

• The Best Dog Stuff
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by The Best Dog Stuff » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 am

New to this forum - love it!

We plan to launch a new dog product and want to donate 10% (or a flat amount per sale) of profits to a non-profit that provides trained dogs to military veterans with PTSD. I'm trying to think of a KS reward that allows backers to pledge say $10 for our launch and when we're profitable, we will donate that $10 plus a $10 match to the dogs for soldiers program. I haven't really figured out how to present this or another option to get the same thing done.

Anyone have an idea how to properly package something like this in a KS campaign?
  • plyt2013
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by plyt2013 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:27 pm

We've just launched a new kickstarter for a card game called Whotchilli - but rather than make one product and rules for just one game, we want to try to improve the value by creating multiple games. So our rewards are fairly standard - get a game etc - but we have stretch goals that unlock completely new games. So the more we raise the more games everyone gets.
  • franciscoferreira
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by franciscoferreira » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:14 pm

I am doing an academical research on crowdfunding whose purpose is to better understand which are the factors that drive people to invest in crowdfunding and which are the factors that demotivate them from using it. The survey takes 5 minutes and it can be important to understand crowdfunding a bit better. I would be very thankful if you could fulfil it: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
  • No Mess Charley
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by No Mess Charley » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:26 am

From my experience and research I think that if you have created or are creating a physical product the best idea for tailoring rewards, is just keep it simple and just target your campaign at your target market or demographic and offer the product, or multiples of the product as the rewards.
  • No Mess Charley
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by No Mess Charley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:50 am

Our sales and distribution strategy for our product is that it will be eventually be set up through Amazon and their FBA programme. I notice that a lot of campaigns have been set up with a small “donation” type pledges and was wondering if these could be made more appealing to backers by setting up these smaller type pledges, by offering to send an Amazon discount code for the pledges amount to help buy the product on Amazon once it is listed there. Has anybody tried this?
  • goynl
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by goynl » Tue May 30, 2017 3:31 am

Rewards can be in "kind" as well.

For $1, a kick starter owner can offer feedback on others project. A serious and great incentive to other project owners to receive feedback from people offering similar or same product. Kind of cross marketing / mentoring (whatever one may wish to label it).
  • Rubinho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Rubinho » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Hey Sal,

one question: Is it possible to use discount codes on kickstarter? So in order to generate more qualified leads for our business we wanted to offer vouchers that can be used when selecting any of the rewards, e.g.

"get 25% off all our rewards by subsribing to our newsletter (limited to 100 vouchers only)"

Haven´t found anything on kickstarter :(
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:21 am

Simple answer is no, but you can use limited early bird awards.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Btaylor
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Btaylor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:01 am

I am a writer and my campaign is to fund the editing of my new book. I created a reward that included a copy of the book and the opportunity to be a character in my next book. For an additional pledge amount, I promised not to kill the character. I limited this reward to 2 backers and both have been pledged. It was my highest pledge level!
Post Reply 118 posts