Anyone used Kickbooster?
  • Vanessa.Armstrong
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Anyone used Kickbooster?

by Vanessa.Armstrong » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi there,

Vanessa from Kickbooster here! I just wanted to jump in and say that many campaigns have offered a reward below 10% and have succeeded in the past. However from a Boosters perspective, if they are looking at the campaigns on our Marketplace, they are generally going to choose to boost campaigns with a higher and more enticing reward.

You could always start and then bump it up throughout the campaign to test it out. It all depends on your margins.

Good luck and let me know if I can help with anything! You can email team@kickbooster.me if you have any other questions.

• edcharly
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by edcharly » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:53 am

It is a good exposure, after all setting up fees is almost close to 0. Their tracking system is not bad either though.
  • Grood1996
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grood1996 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:29 am

Any one is here who can share his experience about using Kickbooster here?
    Web App: Search driving school around you: "Fahrschule in Berlin"
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by drudge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:16 pm

Kickbooster is hit or miss. I don't see how anyone can call them a scam in their right mind, they obviously have a real service and stuff.
    we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
  • eloisecrowdfunds
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by eloisecrowdfunds » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 pm

Ok kickbooster.com and kickbooster.me are two totally different services everyone.
  • karatewolfpunk
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by karatewolfpunk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 pm

I can't remember if I discovered Kickbooster through this forum (possibly even this thread) or elsewhere, but I've been looking into it ever since...so for under a week.

A lot of what I pulled up about it seems to be outdated.

One thing I seem to gather is that it had a poor launch, but is improving. I'm launching a Kickstarter (a second attempt after the original failed last year) February 1st, so I'm wondering if using Kickbooster can help at all. So I decided to create both creator and booster accounts.

Some observations:

-Kinda disappointing that you can't create a booster and creator account under the same email

-The affiliate link you get to boost campaign reminds me of bit.ly links - at first I was worried when sharing on social media that a foreign link would appear, scaring off potential readers/backers, but it previews and directs to the Kickstarter link

-They don't have any banners you can share on your blog - I shared some of the affiliate links on my blog using crappy photos I edited

-There's a "free trial" for creators, but it doesn't really mean anything

-It looks like the majority of the campaigns in their marketplace get fully-funded, but who knows how much KB actually contributed to those numbers

-There are a fair amount of Kickstarters to promote, but it looks like fewer than 100

-You can pledge to Kickstarter using your affiliate links to get a commission

-Boosters can see how many people clicked on their custom campaign links, and how many people pledged through it

-You have to pay their $30/month subscription fee to launch a pre-launch page on their site, which I don't think is helpful in their case

-I haven't analyzed all of the numbers, but it looks like 10% and 18% commissions are the most popular choices for campaigns to choose

-$30/month subscription + 3% KB fees + #% for commissions is what creators pay to utilize KB services

Overall, it looks like if it keeps improving, it could be a valuable tool to creators and affiliates. I could see it doing very well amongst bloggers. I think its main hurdle is that it needs to attract more dedicated boosters. At the very least, it doesn't look like it would hurt to set up a booster account. Make some beer money. I haven't made anything yet, although my links are getting a fair amount of views. With my Kickstarter, what I'm going to do is try it out for the first month (my campaign will run for 60 days), and if the results are good, I'll keep going with it. Worst scenario in my case is if I lose $30 from no one buying through the links.

I wish
  • karatewolfpunk
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by karatewolfpunk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:09 pm

I can't remember if I discovered Kickbooster through this forum (possibly even this thread) or elsewhere, but I've been looking into it ever since...so for under a week.

A lot of what I pulled up about it seems to be outdated.

One thing I seem to gather is that it had a poor launch, but is improving. I'm launching a Kickstarter (a second attempt after the original failed last year) February 1st, so I'm wondering if using Kickbooster can help at all. So I decided to create both creator and booster accounts.

Some observations:

-Kinda disappointing that you can't create a booster and creator account under the same email

-The affiliate link you get to boost campaign reminds me of bit.ly links - at first I was worried when sharing on social media that a foreign link would appear, scaring off potential readers/backers, but it previews and directs to the Kickstarter link

-They don't have any banners you can share on your blog - I shared some of the affiliate links on my blog using crappy photos I edited

-There's a "free trial" for creators, but it doesn't really mean anything

-It looks like the majority of the campaigns in their marketplace get fully-funded, but who knows how much KB actually contributed to those numbers

-There are a fair amount of Kickstarters to promote, but it looks like fewer than 100

-You can pledge to Kickstarter using your affiliate links to get a commission, so it's kinda like a discount

-Boosters can see how many people clicked on their custom campaign links, and how many people pledged through it

-You have to pay their $30/month subscription fee to publish a pre-launch page on their site, which I don't think is helpful in their case

-I haven't analyzed all of the numbers, but it looks like 10% and 18% commissions are the most popular choices for campaigns to choose

-$30/month subscription + 3% KB fees + #% for commissions is what creators pay to utilize KB services

-Commissions can be set 1-25% by creators

Overall, it looks like if it keeps improving, it could be a valuable tool to creators and affiliates. I could see it doing very well amongst bloggers. I think its main hurdle is that it needs to attract more dedicated boosters. At the very least, it doesn't look like it would hurt to set up a booster account, since it's free. Make some beer money. I haven't made anything yet, although my links are getting a fair amount of views. With my Kickstarter, what I'm going to do is try it out for the first month (my campaign will run for 60 days), and if the results are good, I'll keep going with it. Worst scenario in my case is if I lose $30 from no one buying through the links.

I wish I had learned about KB sooner, that way I could have had more time to properly implement it into my pre-launch. What I plan to do in the pre-launch is to gather both people who are genuinely interested in my project and those who want to make side money and make them sign up for KB. Hopefully that way, day one of launch is even more successful. I'll be creating a banner that people can share on social media or their blogs so that it's pretty and clickable.

I'll keep people updated on my experiences both as a creator and booster.
  • eazrael
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eazrael » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm

I think they are spammers. My email address was in the 2014 kickstarter data leak. I am getting a lot of "newsletters" I never subscribed to. Last mail I got came from "Backers Today" with the address "promotion@backerhunters.com". It contained 5 referral links to kickstarter projects. Each Link in the mail redirected to https://<campaign_id>.-kckb.st/... and these were redirects to the individual kickstarter projects with the referral campaign IDs .
    The domain kckb.st is owned by:
    registrant-name: Kickbooster Inc (STR55E86A9FE4A25)
    registrant-street: 202-1 Rivard St
    registrant-city: Ile Des Chenes
    registrant-state: CMT
    registrant-zip: R0A0T0
    registrant-country: CA

Either they spam on their own or pay for the services of boosters errr spammers.
  • AmandeNow Bags
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AmandeNow Bags » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:55 am

There is a big different between kickbooster.com and kickbooster.me. One of them is legit (kickbooster.me) and the other one is not legit.