Experience of using other languages on a microsite
  • Helen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Experience of using other languages on a microsite

by Helen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Does anyone have any experience of using other languages on a microsite? We are looking for a way to make our Kickstarter project page multilingual without having side by side translation, since we would ideally like to have several languages. We would have the project page in English and we are thinking of having a link to another site for the translations. Is this a thing? Anyone done it? Any better solutions?
    Thanks.

Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Experience of using other languages on a microsite

by Tom Beckett » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Not sure of any quick solutions for this one, but something to keep in mind as you pursue this is that it is very risky to direct someone AWAY from your project page, especially with how hard it is to bring them TO the page in the first place. if you know there is a specific language audience you expect to back your campaign, then it might be a good idea, but if you're doing it just to leave any and every door open it might actually hurt your conversions.

Just a thought!
  • Helen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Back to this question because we really want to use multiple languages & will need to have several different translations of out project page.

If we re-direct traffic away from the KS project page to a translation of our project page in another language, is there a problem with allowing people to directly purchase our product from there instead of going back to KS? I understand that it will not increase the amount raised on KS & thus not help with reaching the goal, but is it an option? Would KS have an issue with that?
    Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Tom Beckett » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:08 pm

I don't think they would have an issue with it, nor could they really track it. I'd shoot them a quick note to CYA though!

You've echoed my concerns though. By opening multiple ways to back you are really diluting the potential of your campaign.