2nd project - Almost funded after 2 days.
  • IRONATE
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

2nd project - Almost funded after 2 days.

by IRONATE » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi guys.

This is a great forum with tons of great information. I am really sorry I just found it.

So, recently I decided I want to change a career a bit, and I became a full time product designer and inventor :)

I launched my first KS project this spring. I gor around 185% funded which is great, but the total amount was not that great, only around 8000$.

A few days ago I launched my 2nd KS project, this time a bit more serious, with bigger apetite and a long term plan to turn this into a real company.

My project is IRONATE. It's a kitchen gadget that lets you make a perfect pizza in just 3 minutes on your kitchen stove. No oven needed. It's much faster than a regular oven and it reaches high temperatures, so you can make some really good pizzas.

Project link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68 ... -3-minutes

At the moment, we are in our 3rd day of campaign, and we raised $18,500 of our $20,000 goal.

I still have some aces up my sleve and we are hoping to get some media coverage during the campain to properly boost our pledges.

I will write more about our marketing strategies and the milestones in this thread.

One of our strategies is doing a lot of co-promotions with other KS projects through direct messages or project updates. So, if you have a project with at least 150 backers and want to do a promo, please let me know.

Comments welcome :)

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: 2nd project - Almost funded after 2 days.

by hyperstarter » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 am

Congrats on being overfunded and you're thinking outside the (pizza) box.

If you want to get in touch with us, perhaps could help out? Best of luck
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • johnabides
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by johnabides » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:43 am

Impressive! As someone who's interested in what motivates people to contribute to projects, I think yours provides a great example- a cool product with clear features, that people want.
  • IRONATE
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IRONATE » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi. Just a quick update.

We have raised over $108k by now and we still have 12 days left (1/3 of the campaign). Campaign is trending towards 160k. I don't know if we will reach that, but we reached our internal goal with 100k, so everything past that is a bonus.

Here are a few tips on what I learned so far.

1. We gor VERY little press. Nothing in major media outlets. We tried to send out press releases and we tried using a "PR agency" that guaranteed us 4 spots in major media, but they didn't do anything except waste a lot of time. Try to reach out to journalists yourself, using a PR agency is a waste of money IMHO.

2. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on advertising. I think that goes against Crowdfunding spirit. Because we had a very limted budget to operate on, we had to choose wisely what promotions I want to use.

I decided to try backerclub and gadget flow. Backerclub has one more e-mail blast scheduled, so more on that when the promo finishes.

Gadgetflow was one of the best decisions I made in this campaign. They brought in almost $20k in pledges. I used their premium package that includes dedicated e-mail. I think that is the key and I think it has the best price/performance ratio.

Here is the screenshot from the dashboard. Pledges are still comming, slowly. Also, their customer service is great and you can negotiate with them a bit :)

Link to gadgetflow: http://bit.ly/2dOzW8A
  • wkp123
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by wkp123 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:59 am

We're still deciding on our marketing tool we want to use but it looks like gadget flow is the way to go?
  • EpicWebs
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by EpicWebs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm

Congratulations - 2 days?!? That's amazing, definitely going to check out Gadget flow, see what they have to offer.
  • dltlfh
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dltlfh » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:40 pm

oh It looks interesting
  • allocacocproduct
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by allocacocproduct » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Nice, I would love to crosspromo with you guys and learn from you.
    We are launching our new product as well: Would you like to know more about this convertible bag? We will be launching it soon on Kickstarter. http://flip-by-allocacoc-kickstarter.launchrock.com/ What do you think of it? Stay tuned!

please contact us and we can help eachother out.
    miklos
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by miklos » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:58 am

thats impressive it seems that kickbooster has become mainstream, I'll def use them in the future :)
    Creator & Backer
    -- New Member --

by spiceup » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Does anyone have used kickbooster before? or similar services...any recommendations?