What do you think about our product and campaign?
  • spiceup
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

What do you think about our product and campaign?

by spiceup » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:47 pm

HI Guys,

We have just launched our kickstarter campaign.

Our product is barbecue seasoning briquette that take advantage of smoke properties to season meat, chicken, fish and vegetables, creating healthy, and tasty results with ease!

​Most of barbecue seasonings or rubs available on the market present a challenge for people with special alimentary needs. Our product is sodium free, sugar free, gluten free, calorie free, fat free, GMO free, 100% Organic and Vegan friendly!

We have a great product, but our campaign is running very slow... we made a fatal mistake by not focusing enough on PR before the campaign (we made a big list of contact but we did reach them after launch...we didn´t make any pre campaign), we just have focused on making a good campaign page and now we are lost among millions of other kickstarter projects.

We have run facebook ads for 4 days with over 17.000 impressions but no bump in pledges, and we have posted in many related facebook groups to generate traffic to the page. To this day we had less that 500 visitors, and we have an alarming bounce rate of over 80%.

We have built before launching a media and pr list, and we are reaching them out...so far without success...
    how we can generate more traffic? is our kickstarter page good? is our product too strange?

Any advice is very welcome...

Please check our kickstarter campaign at:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/189967232/spice-up

Thank you for your time, and have a fantastic day!

Best regards

Pedro
    Last edited by spiceup on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: What do you think about our product and campaign?

by Tom Beckett » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Hey Pedro, I think a lot of people would be into this!

Specifically for the video:

The music background music seems like a bad fit and it might be a bit too loud. See what other options you might be able to play with.

See if you can speed up some of the into clips. Seems like you move through the introduction of the product a bit slower than needed.

When Ana speaks, she is hard to hear. See if you can get her voice volume up.

Hope that helps!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:31 am

I think it's not really about the video though. It's about a product that people can only imagine trying and wondering what the taste is like.

I think the main selling point is that you're not using salt, this should be a huge feature on the page. However, it seems your background is in business not food. Would would be great is having a BBQ, the recording the everyday person's reaction to Spice Up.

The next thing is to take it to fairs and parties, get them to try it - if they like it, give them the Kickstarter link...I think this "hands on" work is the only way you'll get funded as you didn't do the prelaunch marketing beforehand.

Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Trono
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Trono » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi SpiceUp,

I think you are reaching out to food lovers with this. It is all about taste. Your product focuses on advantages people do not really think about when using the BBQ. They want to have a great taste! An added value is the healthiness of your products, even a USP, but I think the focus should be taste.. In your movie "flavour" is only highlighted 7 seconds and mentioned once..
    Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Tom Beckett » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:34 pm

You both are definitely right. My comments were more towards the immediate actions that might help since they are live and running. Video is the first thing people give any attention to.