Gameumentary - Creating Documentaries About Video Games
  • Gameumentary
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Gameumentary - Creating Documentaries About Video Games

by Gameumentary » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Brand new here and just launched my first Kickstarter campaign. I run a games journalism website called Gameumentary and we primarily focus on writing feature stories and producing short documentaries rather than covering the same content every other outlet covers.

We self-funded and released our first short documentary covering an indie studio in Seattle called Runic Games back in May, and will be leaving this Sunday to head out to Boston to do another documentary covering a studio called The Deep End Games.

DOC #1 - https://youtu.be/BUCoec2cP3s

We just launched our Kickstarter campaign three days ago to fund our upcoming documentaries we've scheduled with developers, and to acquire funding for the gear we need, along with some other production costs.

So far the campaign is doing pretty well with over $3000 raised in the first three days. However, as we're relatively unknown still, our reach is pretty small. We're really hoping to get the word out there via some big influencers and press websites.

Was curious what kind of feedback you'd have on getting more backers to this project? Our social media game is pretty strong, but so far it hasn't turned into many backers. We're covering quite a few popular games, so a lot of people know about what we're doing, just need to find a way to turn them into backers.

Any advice you might have would be great! Especially places we should reach out to, to get some press coverage.

CAMPAIGN LINK - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... s-you-play

AbigailMcLeans
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Gameumentary - Creating Documentaries About Video Games

by AbigailMcLeans » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:11 am

Bump!
  • Ada_Wong
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ada_Wong » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:19 am

Yeah. This game has changed quite far after this game has been released. However, I feel that CS: GO has been changed even more than this game. WHY? Because Counter-Strike lives from the begging of the 21st. Indeed, there is a lot of combat improvements that were involved in this game. By the way, such moments as raising the rank in multiplayer games are such annoying! It requires a lot of personal time, so I think it's a lot better to contact the service cs boosting. This service has a lot of tools that can help to raise the rank pretty quickly and actually with not too much money to pay. I like it when there's a something that makes your life simple..
  • Bedivir
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Bedivir » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

I thinks it's more interesting to do it by yourself.
  • teslastar
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by teslastar » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Not sure I agree with the comment above, sometimes I have such terrible teammates that I don't want to play, and there is such a toxic feeling all around that you need breaks and then what happens with your rank that you worked so hard for? I also use boosting services quite often when I want to keep my rank during a break like this. I play a lot of faceit, and the elo is what's important to me, so I use boosting services from here https://eloboss.net/faceit-boost and they work amazingly.