Please Suggest Me the Best Fulfillment Center
    Alvieri Watches
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Please Suggest Me the Best Fulfillment Center

by Alvieri Watches » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:36 am

Our LLC is based on Nevada. Our products are watches and we will launch on Kickstarter. We are looking for a fulfillment center which has a good reputation and is cost effective.

Initially, we wanted to use Amazon Fulfillment but we were afraid that this fulfillment will create sales tax nexus for us. I read some articles and found online Sales tax in USA is so complicated
    If we use Amazon, we cannot choose to use only Amazon’s Nevada fulfillment Center. We will have sales tax nexus in every state where Amazon sends our products so we should keep track of the states where we actually have inventory stored in an Amazon Fulfillment Center. It seems so complicated and costly as they have a lot of fulfillment centers in a lot of states. So I am quite sure we won’t use Amazon.

Currently, we are considering Shipwire, fulfillrite and Nevada based fulfillment centers.

Shipwire
    Shipwire seems like a good option as it can be integrated with our shopping cart. However, I found Shipwire have 3 fulfillment centers in Chicago, LA and Philadephia. Has anyone ever used their service? Can I only use their LA fulfillment center so I just need to collect sales tax from California buyers?

Fulfillrite
    I found they only have 1 fulfillment center in New Jersey so I just must register for a sales tax permit in New Jersey and collect sales tax from the buyers in New Jersey. I also heard their cost is cheaper than Shipwire and they have good response rate.

Nevada based fulfillment centers
    If we choose a local company, we won’t have sales tax nexus in other states. However, it’s hard to find the reputable one so it sounds like a risky bet.

Thanks in advance,
    Nelson

Get a behind the scenes of our upcoming Kickstarter project, elegant watches that come alive with elegance. You can follow us on https://instagram.com/alvieriwatches/
    http://alvieriwatches.com/
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Please Suggest Me the Best Fulfillment Center

by sbriggman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:49 pm

I really recommend Fulfillrite, though I am also biased because they are a sponsor of my podcast haha and they'll soon be sponsoring this forum I believe. To be honest, they are great guys. They care tremendously about their customers and have amazing customer service, which is why I work with them. I actually just met with them in NYC and they are STILL investing to make it easier for customers to do their shipping and fulfillment. I like mission/passion-oriented companies.

Hope this helps!
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • RosaPaula
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by RosaPaula » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 am

Velocityship has been our best and proudest business decision this year.

Charlene has been extremely helpful in answering all our questions and helping us get our shipping services set up exactly the way we needed it.

The automation with shipping that Velocityship provides has been a blessing for our business and provides us with an efficient and scalable solution as we grow.

We've tried two other fulfillment centers before switching over to Velocityship and would highly recommend them to all other stores.
  • BeetBlueJohn
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BeetBlueJohn » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:08 am

CrowdOX is also really good

Alvieri Watches wrote:Our LLC is based on Nevada. Our products are watches and we will launch on Kickstarter. We are looking for a fulfillment center which has a good reputation and is cost effective.

Initially, we wanted to use Amazon Fulfillment but we were afraid that this fulfillment will create sales tax nexus for us. I read some articles and found online Sales tax in USA is so complicated
    If we use Amazon, we cannot choose to use only Amazon’s Nevada fulfillment Center. We will have sales tax nexus in every state where Amazon sends our products so we should keep track of the states where we actually have inventory stored in an Amazon Fulfillment Center. It seems so complicated and costly as they have a lot of fulfillment centers in a lot of states. So I am quite sure we won’t use Amazon.

Currently, we are considering Shipwire, fulfillrite and Nevada based fulfillment centers.

Shipwire
    Shipwire seems like a good option as it can be integrated with our shopping cart. However, I found Shipwire have 3 fulfillment centers in Chicago, LA and Philadephia. Has anyone ever used their service? Can I only use their LA fulfillment center so I just need to collect sales tax from California buyers?

Fulfillrite
    I found they only have 1 fulfillment center in New Jersey so I just must register for a sales tax permit in New Jersey and collect sales tax from the buyers in New Jersey. I also heard their cost is cheaper than Shipwire and they have good response rate.

If we choose a local company, we won’t have sales tax nexus in other states. However, it’s hard to find the reputable one so it sounds like a risky bet.

Thanks in advance,
    Nelson
  • Nouveau
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Nouveau » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:13 am

CrowdOX is widely used and perhaps the best.

Alvieri Watches wrote:Our LLC is based on Nevada. Our products are watches and we will launch on Kickstarter. We are looking for a fulfillment center which has a good reputation and is cost effective.

Shipwire

Fulfillrite

Thanks in advance,
    Nelson
  • vaughnreynolds
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by vaughnreynolds » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Hello Alvieri Watches. My name is Vaughn and I am the Director of Marketing for CrowdOx.

Nice to meet you.

To be clear, we are not a fulfillment service. We are a backer management service. We do work with fulfillment services such as ShipStation, Shipwire, 3PL, Floship, James and James, and more.

If you would like to talk more about the backer management side, please send me a message at vaughn @ crowdox . com
  • Billings MT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Billings MT » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:36 am

CrowdOX is the best by far.