Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by lowkey » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Busybuilders wrote:Would you mind elaborating on that, the differences between Indigogo and Kickstarter backers? Is there one?

To put it simple, Kickstarter have 3 times audience of Indiegogo. If you have a decent campaign, whatever you can gain from Indiegogo, will most likely triples on Kickstarter.

BUT,

keep in mind that Kickstarter audience are more..how do I say this. They pay attention on your presentation and product compared to Indiegogo. Although they are both similar in terms of its a crowdfunding website, lets us just say that Kickstarter is silicon valley to Indiegogo outer texas.

Both have the buying powers, but one of them prefer to make research on Internet.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    artur_linov
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by artur_linov » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank you so much for your article! I'm just about to launch my first crowdfunding campaign. Any tips/suggestions on how to make if viral if I can't spend on paid advertising?
    5+ experience in GameDev & educational projects on coding
    https://indiegogo.liveedu.tv/
  • schang91
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by schang91 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:27 am

lowkey wrote:Some update after lurking around the forum :

I can see theres a lot of you who made some minor mistakes on what works for your advertising. First things first, yes, the best advertising platform for your crowdfunding is FACEBOOK. Proven facts. Please check the attachments below.

But even if its the best advertising for crowdfunding, doesnt mean its the best for you. Obviously. Or how sure can you that it will success? what kind of images/video/promotional materials are you using? if its a video, does it come in HD? If its an images, does it shows a person using your product OR just a good attractive pictures that work as a clickbait?

How convincing can your ads be? Thats what you need to find out. Will this or that or this or that or this or that works for your ads. How do you do this? multiple fb ads. this is where you need to spend your own money, doing things on your own.

spending say $30 per ads, for 5 different methods promoting your product, aiming at different audience.

i dont need to explain more about this. you do understand the logic behind this. you really do. the only problem about every crowdfunding campaign owner is you want to get it fast. you just need them, fast. no. is there any easy way to take someone money besides being an ass? even those big funded scam projects do relevant works with to gain such money. you are trying to run a legit business, do your research.

i have more data. but from time to time, if i see how much this posts help the others, i'll share them. i am sorry but i dont get paid nor doing business for all this. i am simply spending my time trying to help you guys since i think all this knowledge will be wasted if i dont. and i see too many peoples frustrated losing thousands of dollars to scam agencies.

if this posts help you, i would appreciate some comments. thank you.

Hey lowkey,

where did you get these analysis from? are they free? thanks
  • TheWhalingWizard
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheWhalingWizard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:23 pm

This has been an amazing read. Thanks to everyone who added value here, I think our project is off to better start and hopefully successful completion because of it!
    Elevate your sock game today and order legendary socks. Check them out here on Kickstarter! http://kck.st/2gwgLoE
  • TheWhalingWizard
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by TheWhalingWizard » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Hey @lowkey,

I'm too new to respond to your PM. We're looking for paid marketing help on our Kickstarter that is live right now. Wanna email me here and talk about it? hello (at) fortsox (dot) com

Thanks!
    Elevate your sock game today and order legendary socks. Check them out here on Kickstarter! http://kck.st/2gwgLoE
  • travice123
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by travice123 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Really cool tips!
  • sergiom4
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by sergiom4 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 pm

I'll be launching soon, thanks so much!
  • Heather796
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Heather796 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank you for the tips! I think we are going to start advertising on FB.
  • tidalwave
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tidalwave » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:45 am

Hey guys!

I'm looking for some advice for our campaign!
    The first week went very well and we reached our goal in less than 15 hours but after that not much happened.
    We tried to find some influencer to promote our campaign but most of them didn't reply or they want to much money :(
    Which is the best way to promote our campaign?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys!

This is our kickstarter campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84 ... =user_menu
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi Pascal,

Congrats on overfunding already! I think you're right, you need to be continually getting the word out and pitching to the sites/writers and continuing with the momentum of the campaign.

Let me know if we can help with anything or need further advice.

tidalwave wrote:Hey guys!

I'm looking for some advice for our campaign!
    The first week went very well and we reached our goal in less than 15 hours but after that not much happened.
    We tried to find some influencer to promote our campaign but most of them didn't reply or they want to much money :(
    Which is the best way to promote our campaign?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you guys!

This is our kickstarter campaign

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/84 ... =user_menu
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about