Youtube video formatting Help needed
  • GCharb
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Youtube video formatting Help needed

by GCharb » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello everyone, first post to this forum.

I am working on my campaign and I want to incorporate YouTube videos in it, I use the code window and enter the embed code with the size tag but Indiegogo does not retain video size when I go back to WYSIWYG view and I end up with very narrow YouTube videos on my page.

Does anyone have a solution for this, or a URL to a tutorial, the Indiegogo help page on video is very limited, maybe they should cover this?

Thanks for any replies!

Gilles

• GCharb
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Youtube video formatting Help needed

by GCharb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:39 pm

Hello again, since no one was able to answer my question, I had to find a workaround and decided to share it with everyone!

Simple, I made a single image capture of the different videos, scaled them down to 500px X 281px, added a small, YouTube like icon in the middle of each images, added the images to my page, then added a link with _blank target to the matching YouTube videos so the videos open in a different tab, looks pretty decent actually!

https://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/04150170#/
  • jogncartman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by jogncartman » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Have you solved your problem yet? I have a big problem with the layout of the page and the videos are not displayed well. Do you have any tips on how to solve this?
    AmaDeY1993
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by AmaDeY1993 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:05 pm

I'm not really familiar with the platform you use, but if you have full access to your page code, then it's very easy to solve. If you use a direct link to insert a video from YouTube, then just change the size of the displayed video a little, you can do it with pixel accuracy. There are many different guides on how to do this, so I will not describe it in detail. If you use a downloaded video from YouTube and paste it as a file on your site, then I think you should change its format a little. Find a service similar to youtube to wav converter, where you can download a video in several formats and through an experiment you can understand which one is better to use. I hope you will succeed, good luck!