Photo sizes
  • subbox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Photo sizes

by subbox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:37 am

Hi, does anyone know what size the photos that appear in the story section (to break up text) should be?! I can't find the answer anywhere and it's driving me nuts!!

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Photo sizes

by Cristina » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • idlenight
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by idlenight » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

It appears they resize any images in your Story to a max width of about 680 pixels, so that's what I went with and it worked out great.
    The Naked Game is launching soon on Kickstarter. With the perfect blend of gameplay and foreplay, it's a fun and unique way to spice up your night! https://TheNakedGame.com
  • Morgan Lee
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Morgan Lee » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:42 am

You may get conflicting advice online, but the optimal image size for the images in the campaign section is 680 pixels wide. Many of the articles online are outdated and recommend 620 pixels. Kickstarter has since changed the design of the campaign pages and is the largest, with 680 pixels wide. These images can be as tall as you would like. If your photo is larger than 50 MB, you should use an online compression tool before uploading it to Kickstarter. I recommend you use a duplicate photo finder that will help you quickly find duplicate files present in thousands of directories on your computer.
    Pullmaney
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Pullmaney » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi. I've been looking for an answer to this question for a long time myself. I was lucky enough to find this forum, I see that some people were able to give us the answer. There really is a lot of unnecessary information on the internet. But now I know that 680 pixels wide is ideal. I'm in the process of taking still life photos. Yes and in general I am learning what is still life photography. I'm wondering at what size it's best to photograph this particular view, and do I need to turn on the flash? I'm worried that it might shine only in the center at an unnecessary size. If any of you can help me out, I would be very happy. Thank you!