A kickstarter project that brings glory to God?
  • sajidsaab54321
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

A kickstarter project that brings glory to God?

by sajidsaab54321 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 pm

After much prayer an deliberation, we feel called to launch a crowdfunding campaign. My questions will be addressed to the believers in the community:

1. What should I do to get our campaign featured by christian blogs and blogs of the faith?
    2. Is it possible to target people on facebook based on their religion?
    3. Does anyone have experience building their email lists in local churches prior to launch?

Thank you for your time. Stay blessed.

• gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: A kickstarter project that brings glory to God?

by gustofwisdom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:03 pm

sajidsaab54321 wrote:After much prayer an deliberation, we feel called to launch a crowdfunding campaign. My questions will be addressed to the believers in the community:

1. What should I do to get our campaign featured by christian blogs and blogs of the faith?
    2. Is it possible to target people on facebook based on their religion?
    3. Does anyone have experience building their email lists in local churches prior to launch?

Thank you for your time. Stay blessed.

Sounds like a great project! Galatians 2:14
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:26 am

Sounds good.

I can only help answer question #2. Facebook has gotten more restrictive about religious/political targeting during this last year, but I think that you should still be able to do it just fine. But not directly---in other words, you can't target Facebook users who have selected "Christian" as their religion. Instead, you'll need to rely on less-direct methods such as interest targeting. Facebook has a wide variety of interests that you can select from. If you only target people who have shown an interest (which may amount to nothing more than a fleeting curiosity) in "Christianity," then you'll likely cast a net that's a lot wider than Christians alone. But, with some time and effort, you should probably be able to figure out what set of interests would be most likely to fit Christians who actively practice their faith.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
  • sajidsaab54321
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sajidsaab54321 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 pm

DaveGarber1975 wrote:Sounds good.

I can only help answer question #2. Facebook has gotten more restrictive about religious/political targeting during this last year, but I think that you should still be able to do it just fine. But not directly---in other words, you can't target Facebook users who have selected "Christian" as their religion. Instead, you'll need to rely on less-direct methods such as interest targeting. Facebook has a wide variety of interests that you can select from. If you only target people who have shown an interest (which may amount to nothing more than a fleeting curiosity) in "Christianity," then you'll likely cast a net that's a lot wider than Christians alone. But, with some time and effort, you should probably be able to figure out what set of interests would be most likely to fit Christians who actively practice their faith.

We will consider funded today for the crowdfunding campaign then. Thank you for the advice
  • Nouveau
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Nouveau » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 am

What is the link? Did you launch?