FEEDBACK & ADVISE Crown Verto Bronze Watch
    clarksng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

FEEDBACK & ADVISE Crown Verto Bronze Watch

by clarksng » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Feedback & advice required for my self-designed bronze watch

Dear all, I have been working on a bronze watch design that can match with our daily outfit. I wish to get the group’s advice & feedback on this.

Personally I love the idea that bronze is something very characterful and distinct among its wearer depending on wearer’s atmospheric conditions. Then I realize that bronze is mostly used in nautical theme diver’s watches in the market. Hence, I started to go to the direction with designing a dress watch in bronze case.

I plan to have it in blue, white or grey dial. Can I gather some advice from this group regarding my watch design?

7Z4A0233-Edit.jpg
    7Z4A0233-Edit.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 1546 times

• Altie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: FEEDBACK & ADVISE Crown Verto Bronze Watch

by Altie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:17 am

Hi clarksng,

At first glance it looks very stylish and classy. Definitely a thumbs up from me.

It is important to note though, that I am only looking at it from one angle. It may look good when the light is reflecting off it in the pic but will the bronze symbols still be as visible under low light/ visibility? And is it meant to be used for formal occasions too? Maybe try roman numerals instead of the usual numbers for the 3,6,9,12 areas? It may just be me but I feel that roman numerals give a more classy feel.

I may be wrong though and the opinion is just my personal preference.
    clarksng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clarksng » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:06 am

Altie wrote:Hi clarksng,

At first glance it looks very stylish and classy. Definitely a thumbs up from me.

It is important to note though, that I am only looking at it from one angle. It may look good when the light is reflecting off it in the pic but will the bronze symbols still be as visible under low light/ visibility? And is it meant to be used for formal occasions too? Maybe try roman numerals instead of the usual numbers for the 3,6,9,12 areas? It may just be me but I feel that roman numerals give a more classy feel.

I may be wrong though and the opinion is just my personal preference.

Hi Altie,
    Your feedback and suggestion are much appreciated. How about more angles from these photo?
    Attachments
    7Z4A0977-Edited.jpg
    7Z4A0977-Edited.jpg (220.62 KiB) Viewed 1524 times
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am

Cool but where's the Kickstarter (draft?) link?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    clarksng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clarksng » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:08 pm

hyperstarter wrote:Cool but where's the Kickstarter (draft?) link?

Hi hyperstarter
    Tentatively we do not have any draft link yet. But we will be launching our project soon at kickstarter
    We received feedback that December is not a good month to launch project, may i get your opinion on this?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 pm

I think December is a pretty good month, it's our busiest when we work on campaigns.

Also, we've worked on over x15 overfunded watches including the recently DWISS and Apollo, so if you need any prelaunch advice, feel free to get in touch.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Altie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Altie » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:44 am

clarksng wrote:
    Hi Altie,
    Your feedback and suggestion are much appreciated. How about more angles from these photo?

Personally, I still find looking at the watch's face a problem. Maybe try a different material for the numbers? Or use a less shiny material for the background. As although the watch looks pretty, the main idea behind a watch is to tell time at a glance, dressing is just a feature. If I cannot immediately glance at the watch and say "yep, half 4" or "5 past 9" it's not fulfilling its purpose.

But I'm stressing this from a utilitarian's standpoint of view. Others may choose to disagree.

December sounds like a good time as any to launch. Many people are far more obliged to spend more when its near christmas, be it a gift for their family, friends or as a self-gift.
    clarksng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clarksng » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:57 am

hyperstarter wrote:I think December is a pretty good month, it's our busiest when we work on campaigns.

Also, we've worked on over x15 overfunded watches including the recently DWISS and Apollo, so if you need any prelaunch advice, feel free to get in touch.

Hi Hyperstarter, yes sure thing will ping u if we going to relaunch
    clarksng
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clarksng » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:06 am

Altie wrote:
    clarksng wrote:
    Hi Altie,

Personally, I still find looking at the watch's face a problem. Maybe try a different material for the numbers? Or use a less shiny material for the background. As although the watch looks pretty, the main idea behind a watch is to tell time at a glance, dressing is just a feature. If I cannot immediately glance at the watch and say "yep, half 4" or "5 past 9" it's not fulfilling its purpose.

But I'm stressing this from a utilitarian's standpoint of view. Others may choose to disagree.

December sounds like a good time as any to launch. Many people are far more obliged to spend more when its near christmas, be it a gift for their family, friends or as a self-gift.

thank you for your feedback! yes, agreed with your point. we are midst of amending the dial and will relaunch with new looking (shiny level 8-) )
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:58 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman