Interrogating backers good idea?
  • Paul93
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Interrogating backers good idea?

by Paul93 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 am

Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if it is a good idea to send your backers some questions on kickstarter. I was thinking of things like how they found the page, what made them back and what their favorite places to hang our online are. This would help find more potential backers, but I am not sure if this would be considered an acceptable thing to do.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and whether or not it's a good idea. :D
    Last edited by Paul93 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you like horror films in the exploitation and b-movie sub-genre's, or want to support indie film or a student with a dream. Check out my campaign :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1544644865/cannibal-inferno
    Only 8 days left!
    Shonin
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Interrogating backers a good idea?

by Shonin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm

I don't think this is a bad idea at all if you do it right and are appropriately respectful and grateful. I've actually 'interrogated' backers who cancelled their pledges, asking them how we could have improved the offering and a couple replied back with useful feedback. Great community of people on KS.
    The Shonin Streamcam is a wearable personal security camera that saves video directly to the cloud.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/shonin/shonin
  • sarah41Orange
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Interrogating backers good idea?

by sarah41Orange » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Interrogating is an aggressive word for this situation. A simple survey is an easy way to get constructive feedback - but in the end you get the results that you need! I feel like it's almost necessary to get feedback in the Kickstarter process - you'll never learn without anyone telling you what you could do better.
  • kosantravel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kosantravel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 am

Hey!

I haven't launched my KS campaign just yet, but I think the more feedback you can collect the better!

I've been trying to build relationships with potential backers ahead of time by running surveys on what they would like to see in our products, and what they don't like about what's on the market. We've gained some valuable insight that has helped us with the design process, and will hopefully minimize objections once the project is live.

Thanks,
    Karyna
    Wrinkle-resistant, odour-blocking & adjustable, the Go Travel Dress has 14 travel friendly features. Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1230437741/the-kosan-go-travel-dress
  • Luke Francis
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Luke Francis » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:13 am

These kinds of questionnaires/surveys are absolutely crucial to prepping for a good campaign. Or in this case preparing for ongoing sales in ecommerce or retail, etc.

As mentioned above maybe repositioning it in your mind as a survey and not an interrogation will help. ;)
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by drudge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Interrogating is a ridiculous work to use. It is common practice to send out a questionnaire. Questionnaire is the right word, interrogation implies coercion and force, and even torture.
    we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:50 am

Yes, interrogating is a poorly-chosen word.

But I agree that, if done right, then it can very helpful.

It's generally good practice to personally greet each new backer and thank them for pledging. We've recommend this to our clients before.

And it's generally fine to send them questionnaires, as well, asking for useful information, as long as you don't render them too long.

Just be respectful and grateful, and don't "spam" them.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com