Anyone used Backercamp?
  • swolladad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Anyone used Backercamp?

by swolladad » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:52 pm

I just mentioned them in a tweet. Hoping to receive a retweet back. Anyone had any luck with them?

lostinwebspace
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lostinwebspace » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Seems decent for a minimal fee. A lot of these places charge a few hundred. Maybe a bit of research is in order to see what their reach/success rate is.
  • EboMike
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by EboMike » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Has anyone used their more advanced services, i.e. the ones where they actually help with their campaign? Those go from $100 to $500 or so.

I did their $20 tier, and they sent a few mails with good tips and tweeted about my KS twice, but so far that translated into almost zero traffic, let alone any pledges.
    luisvis
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by luisvis » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:22 am

whats the roi like, I'm interested for future projects..
    mmacisso
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mmacisso » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:59 pm

I just launched today and they already favorited a Tweet of mine, for $20...which I spend on coffee every day.....I think its worth the investment if they have 20k followers in the crowd funding community.

I'm thinking of really hitting Twitter hard but not spammy and am willing to compensate or retweet for exposure to other 3rd party followers. Also, doing my own press releases will save me money versus paying big time to a 3rd party marketer.
    Cheers,
    Marty Macisso Jr
    Owner
    Maine's Best Lobster Roll LLC

http://bit.ly/MainesBestLobsterRollKS
  • dddddad
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dddddad » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:53 am

The quick answer -- they are great for some things.

--Backercamp's basic service ($19) is EXCELLENT, but should be done well before launch. They looked at my whole campaign, gave MANY helpful ideas ranging from identifying/addressing my audience (parents with young children) to changing the copy in different sections of the page to redesigning the look (adding jpegs as title cards for the different sections instead of using KS's text tool and creating a visual chart to show the various rewards). They answered all questions quickly and completely (even on weekends).
    --However, I got no backers from their retweets. Zero. Maybe my particular campaign--3D animations for children's songs-- didn't match what their followers are interested in.
    --I paid $129 for them to send my press release to 50-60 bloggers/journalists/etc. This was a TOTAL WASTE. They forwarded my press kit to 56 blogs. No one responded--not even a rejection. I asked Backercamp for the list of blogs they wrote to, and upon seeing it I understood why. Only 6 of the blogs were appropriate for my project. The other 50 were either too popular (NY Times, HuffPost), the wrong audience (high school teaching materials, things to do in Chicago), or totally inappropriate (a civil rights information website, a book review site, a business journal, an environmentalist blog).
    --I thought that for $129 they would vet the blogs before contacting them. Instead it looks like they blindly emailed the first 45 results of a google search, then threw in some famous magazines on top of that. A big let down.
    --To be fair, their initial work far surpassed the $19 price tag. I feel proud to have shared that campaign with my friends and family -- it was definitely better than my first draft. Their failure with the PR campaign may have been due to my project's topic. But if they were having trouble finding appropriate blogs, they should have said that and refunded the money. When I told them I was confused by their choices, they said everything was related to the keyword "parenting", or each site had a parenting section. Okay, but while Publisher's Weekly does have a children's section, they focus on children's books, not Kickstarter campaigns for children's music videos. I was not impressed by their answer, and they did nothing to try to make it up to me.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:01 pm

check my posts on Backercamp. Should help you with your decision. Chills.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by gustofwisdom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:49 pm

coolinvent wrote:They charge $19 if your campaign is successful and only $9 if it's not. When you mention them in a Tweet they retweet back. They say they have a 50% success rate. Give useful tips etc. also.

$19 is pretty expensive for a service like this, but if it works it could be worth the risk. I wouldn't be comfortable using it, since I have never met them in person, but if someone on here wants to take the risk please report back to us on how it goes.
  • tp33noscope
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tp33noscope » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:48 pm

coolinvent wrote:They charge $19 if your campaign is successful and only $9 if it's not. When you mention them in a Tweet they retweet back. They say they have a 50% success rate. Give useful tips etc. also.

This was one of the very few services that i've tried mainly because it was such a low price. I got 5 backers when I used them which was not bad, but I think my time would have been better spent working on organic traffic from kickstarter itself
    xxnoscope360xx progamer 4 life. Now funding on kickstarter.com
  • A Clock Work Red
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by A Clock Work Red » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 am

Lol is $19 a large amount of money to you or something?