Post Reply 151 posts
How We Raised $250,000 In Less Than 9 Hours
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: How We Raised $250,000 In Less Than 9 Hours

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm

NONICH wrote:Also how successful do you feel Facebook ads are in promoting a kickstarter project. We would love any feedback it is highly appreciated.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/41 ... the-only-w

My employer, Funded Today, has worked with nearly 2,000 projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo so far and, based on that experience, we can say confidently that, with respect to marketing live campaigns, advertisements normally work far better than any other marketing technique when they work at all---and, moreover, that Facebook ads are more likely to succeed than those ads on any other platform.

As for rendering those Facebook ads as effective as possible, it might help to note that their image is their most important element, and that their text is only secondary. Also, it's best to run ads that don't obviously look like advertisements---social-media users tend to automatically ignore anything that looks too obviously like an advertisement, but are more likely to consider an ad that looks more like something that one of their friends would post. I might say more, but I don't want to give away too much, including our "trade secrets" and such.

Whether or not ads work out, other techniques that you might consider are cross-promotions, affiliate marketing, and/or public relations. We've found that this is their usual order of effectiveness, although individual campaigns may deviate somewhat from these statistical norms. PR is popular but, because it tends to yield fruit relatively slowly over time, it's far better-suited for bringing sales to established businesses than bringing pledges to fleeting campaigns. And it seems like cross-promotions are generally both underrated and underused---we've found a LOT of success with them overall, although not as much as with advertisements.

If you'd like to hire a professional crowdfunding marketing agency to experiment with these techniques for you, then you're welcome to give us a try. There are plenty of other options available, as well.
    Last edited by DaveGarber1975 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:02 am

vregina wrote:We are 5 days into our campaign. The first day was GREAT, it was nonstop movement. But it's slowly died down through the week. We bought a Facebook ad and everything. What are some tips?
    Thank you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ion-boxset

That's quite normal. The only way that I know to halt or (better yet) reverse that decline is through effective marketing---and, to be more specific, although some marketing techniques like cross-promotions and public relations can provide flurries of additional pledges here and there, the only way to generate sustained daily momentum is through effective social-media advertisements. If ads work very well for your campaign, then you can even gradually scale them up to a dramatic last-day finish, and those trends tend to impress potential backers, which encourages additional "organic" pledges from people who might not pledge otherwise.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
  • alexdpaz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by alexdpaz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Amazing story, it´s incredible the enhancers of this plataform to pursuit your project and dreams!! Good luck!
  • underdark_01
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by underdark_01 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:18 pm

This is great information. Thanks guys!
  • Marcporter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Marcporter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 pm

wow congrats! good luck with your future endeavors
  • Weichen Li
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Weichen Li » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Sounds like a miracle. But you already has a robust fanbase before launching. This is critical to the success. It could be like "1", and all the effort you made afterwards should be "0" following the "1".
    DTing - World's First Easy-Start Gesture Control Wristband
    Our Indiegogo page: https://igg.me/at/dting
    See website: http://www.dtingsmart.com
  • instinctbackpack
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by instinctbackpack » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Wow, amazing. Should have seen your story earlier. Our campaign has started already, but you message lead me to a right direction on our marketing strategies, thanks.

Here is my campaign: https://goo.gl/8zYLC7

Instinct Backpack can organize every travel essentials in one just backpack with the revolutionary modular functional cubes customization. Our Backpack is an iOS inspired modular backpack powered by Velcro. It handles all the travel essentials for travelers. With this design, travelers can now customized their own backpack. It even comes with an App. Users can get travel information notified and organised their backpack with the built in packing list which matches the backpack. We highly appreciate any feedback.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 am

instinctbackpack wrote:Wow, amazing. Should have seen your story earlier. Our campaign has started already, but you message lead me to a right direction on our marketing strategies, thanks.

Here is my campaign: https://goo.gl/8zYLC7

Instinct Backpack can organize every travel essentials in one just backpack with the revolutionary modular functional cubes customization. Our Backpack is an iOS inspired modular backpack powered by Velcro. It handles all the travel essentials for travelers. With this design, travelers can now customized their own backpack. It even comes with an App. Users can get travel information notified and organised their backpack with the built in packing list which matches the backpack. We highly appreciate any feedback.

more than half funded and 32 days more to go. Wish you luck.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • Mankin
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Mankin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 am

Anyone has an idea for creating a contest? What are good things to ask participants to do that seems fair and useful for the campaign? I am currently running a new playing cards deck project, and I have some decks left from my previous campaign that I can use for a contest. What is the best way to use it?
    Please support my essentia playing cards project: http://kck.st/2nm3ejY
    I really want to get this produced! Thanks a lot!
  • Prylon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Prylon » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 pm

two thumbs up. Getting followers before the campaign helps tons!
Post Reply 151 posts