Is Jellop Legit?
  • tp33noscope
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Is Jellop Legit?

by tp33noscope » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:20 pm

Just wanted to report this to the forum. Jellop claims to only work on a percentage basis. I am afraid to hand over money to them or to any marketing agency for that matter. What should I do? What is to stop them from not doing any work? Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by tp33noscope on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxnoscope360xx progamer 4 life. Now funding on kickstarter.com
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Jellop is a SCAM!!!!

by lowkey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 am

please elaborate on how did they take the money for ads and spend it on themselves.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • alexissmith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by alexissmith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:06 am

Jellop is no scam. I have seen first hand that they deliver quality results for the ads that they run on facebook.
    FRAUDWATCHMAN
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FRAUDWATCHMAN » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 pm

Their domain has a trust score of 3/5, an Alexa rank of 90,755, and 8.3k daily visitors. Seems to be real visitors, but synthetic traffic is hard to spot. According to this post on the crowdfundingforum, they seem to turn away customers:. Here ist he link to that conversation: http://crowdfundingforum.com/archive/in ... 11812.html. These are all good signs, but we can't be too certain as they could just be going after the big fish campaigns where the profits are higher.

A quick google search turned up and interview they did with crowdfundcity.com. I wouldn't consider that a large publication, so it is unlikely their journalist did a ton of looking into of their history. But still, we can consider this a positive sign tentatively.

Their website says they performed the advertisement for one of peak design's campaign. That is a bold claim. I think in order to settle this matter once and for all, someone needs to message the founder of peak design to get a reference check on these guys. A positive reference will prove they are no scam, but if the reference says that they did not work with them, then we can say they are a scam.

Overall, I say this is a somewhat low risk agency based on what I have found. Worth looking into, cautiously.
    I am the watchman of fraud, always on the lookout to report crowdfunding scams, thieves, and falsehood. I've fell for countless crowdfunding scams, and it's my mission to stop as many of them as possible.
  • tp33noscope
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by tp33noscope » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:05 pm

Well, what's to stop them from doing this if they make you pay upfront for ads? Nothing is stopping them! If they're so good at marketing, they should pay for the ads themselves and take their payment out of the profits.

lowkey wrote:please elaborate on how did they take the money for ads and spend it on themselves.
    xxnoscope360xx progamer 4 life. Now funding on kickstarter.com
    Shonin
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Shonin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:43 pm

We used Jellop and they are certainly not a scam. We were quite happy with the work and look forward to using them again if we ever do another campaign.
    The Shonin Streamcam is a wearable personal security camera that saves video directly to the cloud.

www.kickstarter.com/projects/shonin/shonin
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm

This post has been moved to the News + Fraud Watch + Popular Projects section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • WookieWantsFunding
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by WookieWantsFunding » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Unless you've worked with them or known someone who has worked with them, then you have no right to accuse them of begin a scam. I have seen them do amazing work.
    Im here to grow, im here to learn, im here to share, and Im here to win!
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Is Jellop Legit?

by nomlinz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:18 pm

I don't work for Jellop but have worked with multiple campaigners who have worked with Jellop and it seems like they're here to do good in the crowdfunding space. The way Jellop works is that they have a huge list of backers from other campaigns and they'll run your campaign ad to many of those lists or lookalike audiences of those lists. That way, you get the most relevant audience to your project. You'll also be able to set up what ROAS you're comfortable with and what type of spend you're OK with them spending.

They initially built their ad-tech platform to work with campaigners towards the end of the campaign period, but now they're expanding their expertise and testing working with projects much earlier now.

Their new site is at First Backer and they're collecting a ton of people who are early adopters in crowdfunding to build an integrated email list for the pre-launch phase of projects too: http://www.first-backer.com/
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • Sasha
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Is Jellop Legit?

by Sasha » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:13 am

I noticed that these days they are one of the most popular crowdfunding agencies as I get most of the ads on Facebook from their pages