Gold Mountain Media legit?
  • p90xsmalls
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Gold Mountain Media legit?

by p90xsmalls » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm

As part of my planning for my crowdfunding company coming up this year I have to look at lots of kickstarter campaigns. When I click "about" on a crowdfunding project on kickstarter I see that Gold Mountain Media is listed as a collaborator for many many projects. What does this mean? Are they a scam or are they legit?

Last year I was scammed by many companies, and they were listed as collaborators on kickstarter so I give no weight to this, but I seek more info just to be sure.

FRAUDWATCHMAN
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Gold Mountain Media legit?

by FRAUDWATCHMAN » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:16 pm

When you see someone listed in the about section of a campaign, it means that the campaign has worked with them as a collaborator. It does prove association between the campaign and the collaborator, because only the project creator is able to add someone as a collaborator.

However, it is not definitive proof that the agency did the work they take credit for. One scenario is that an agency gets hired and performs poorly. The project creator may have forgotten to remove them as a collaborator, but even if they do that, the person is still listed on kickstarter as a collaborator, it shows up as "former collaberator".

Reference checks, reference checks, reference checks people. This is the way to get closest to the truth as possible. It is very important to speak with multiple people involved in a campaign when you are checking a reference, because they may not all say the same thing about the reference, which can be extremely frustrating.

Possible cause for concern though, looks like they have 0 reviews on yelp currently: www.yelp.com/biz/gold-mountain-media-ventura
    I am the watchman of fraud, always on the lookout to report crowdfunding scams, thieves, and falsehood. I've fell for countless crowdfunding scams, and it's my mission to stop as many of them as possible.
  • p90xsmalls
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by p90xsmalls » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm

I'll be sure to get some reference checks, and thanks I didn't know what a collaborator was on kickstarter. I'll be sure to ask them for proof of that too.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 pm

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • YabbaJabba22
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by YabbaJabba22 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:08 pm

Yes they are legit. On kickstarter you can see how many campaigns they are listed as collaberator on. Only the campaign owner can add someone as a collaberator
  • MajorVaughn
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MajorVaughn » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Legit is a relative term. The guy running Gold Mountain Media used to work for Funded Today so I'm sure he learned all about the business -- from charging CRAZY amounts of money up front to INSANE back end percentages.

Check out his LinkedIn profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/coachneeley

Richard