is crowd pr angels legit?
  • danishlatif853
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

is crowd pr angels legit?

by danishlatif853 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm

Came across and interesting service today called crowd pr angels or crowd pr. On their webite of crowd pr they say they promote my project page to their facebook group of highly targeted media and backers. I want to buy but I don't want to support a scam. They charge 200 for service and I really hope it's legit. anyone used this service??

What do you think of this about them here?: has-anyone-hired-crowd-pr-t11437.html
    Last edited by danishlatif853 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

We are preparing for our first launch, coming up in 1 months time!!!
  • gustofwisdom
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by gustofwisdom » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I like their name: Crowd PR Angles. Here is their website:
    https://crowd.pr

Watch out, because I am on a role. Kickstarter and Crowd PR are also the same company, not literally but in the sense of the word how they target crowdfunding campaigns. The media listens when people talk, journalists are always there just witing to write a story about Crowd PR. If I had ten dollars, I would pay Crowd PR but we must keep this story updated as it unfolds. San Francisco is a great place to live, and Crowd PR is a great marketing to have. Crowd PR is all I know.
    Last edited by gustofwisdom on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • wgbriefcase
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by wgbriefcase » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Crowd PR Angels I cannot find a website even listed for them. I am assuming that Crowd PR emailed you over facebook directly to your campaign, or perhaps though the kickstarter message system. Since Crowd PR have no website, that is a clear indication that they do not have the skills and knowledge necessary to build a website. A clear and big red flag that they also do not have the skills and knowledge necessary to perform a proper crowdfunding marketing campaign.

Simply put: no website, no hire.
    Last edited by wgbriefcase on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • mike420blazed247
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Crowd PR

by mike420blazed247 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 am

gustofwisdom wrote:I like their name crowd pr angels. It sounds really nice. I bet with a name like that they are a great crowd agency.

Me? I spend countless hours researching which companies are scams and which companies are legit. I don't see any reviews here on the forum about crowdfund crowd pr angels, so they obvs don't have much of a clientele built up. And if they don't have much of a clietele built up then they are obvs not very good at what they do. Because if they were good at what they do, then people would be coming to them organically and they would have to resort to any sales.
    Last edited by mike420blazed247 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • p90xsmalls
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Crowd PR

by p90xsmalls » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:33 am

I learned today that if Crowd PR Angels can't offer you a guarantee in contact, then they are not worth a grain of salt. Any reputable and strong marketing agency should be able to guarantee their work 100% in contract, it's basic business skills people.
    Last edited by p90xsmalls on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: is crowd pr angels legit?

by lowkey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:11 am

Just a suggestion tho. Check my signature. It will help you a lot.

Chills.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • alexissmith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by alexissmith » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:15 am

Looks like no one has posted the domain of this company, here it is for all to see:

http://www.crowdangels.co/home
    https://crowd.pr
    Last edited by alexissmith on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    FRAUDWATCHMAN
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by FRAUDWATCHMAN » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:50 pm

UPDATE: Crowd PR -- www.crowd.pr -- has no association with any of these companies that have Crowd in their name. I received a PM from the founder of Crowd PR and an offer of a skype chat. During this chat, I was shown clear evidence that Crowd PR is an active agency producing results frequently. I apologize for my accusations.

I've attached an image of the agency in question. I did a quick search using my usual channels and a few things of interest came up. Summary of my fraud assessment risk:

* Domain trust score 2/5, Alexa rank of 8,546,229
      * No ripoff reports (that could be found)
      * No reviews online anywhere!
    Their domain was registered in 2014, and having an utter lack of track record online indicates that they do not do good work, or else they would have reviews. My assessment is that this is a high risk company if you choose to go with them. Reviews are a must if you are an active company, and not having any reviews is inexcusable.

One thing to consider is that although the crowd pr angles domain is old, this could actually be a new scam. Many times the whois info does not show the most recent registry for the domain, it will actually show the old one. So what we may be seeing here is a brand new website targeting crowdfunding campaigns.

If you want to look further into these guys, I recommend you check out the guides below and follow the steps that they have outlined. Following is a few articles I have found helpful in identifying scams. Once you learn the basic principles in the articles, you will be well on your way to avoid being scammed. The principles are not hard to master, and the more you practice them, the better you get at them. My personal beliefs are that one must first master the principles before they launch a campaign. You will be flooded with emails from agencies, and if you don't know how to separate the real from the fake, you will waste most of your budget on services that don't produce results.

New Balance has a wonderful guide on how to avoid scams, although it's more directed at backers you can apply the same principles to agencies, see it here:
    https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-avoid-scams-and-fraud-in-crowdfunding-985179

Business Insider also has a useful guide on how to do a crowdfunding campaign, there is a small section that goes over picking the right marketing partner, see it here:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-ensure-a-lucrative-crowdfunding-campaign-2014-8?r=US&IR=T&IR=T

Last, Consumer Reports has a good step by step guide on how to avoid being scammed, read it here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/crowdfunding-scam

angles.png
    angles.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 2100 times
    Last edited by FRAUDWATCHMAN on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I am the watchman of fraud, always on the lookout to report crowdfunding scams, thieves, and falsehood. I've fell for countless crowdfunding scams, and it's my mission to stop as many of them as possible.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:21 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • wgbriefcase
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Crowd PR

by wgbriefcase » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:55 pm

At the price point of $200 you need to be super careful about what you do. A few mistakes like that and then your campaign is over, you cannot I repeat you cannot risk hiring a bad marketing agency.

I have not heard much about the pr agnecy called Crowd PR, or their website which is www.crowd.pr. I see their domain score is quite low (alexa rank). Not good for a marketing agency, and not good for Crowd PR. They should have a much higher score than what you see there. Low traffic is a quality indicator of Crowd PR not being real.

Not to mention that their social media has not been updated in over a day. Are you sure this is still and active kickstarter agency? Looking quite weird to me. Poor quality.

If a company is really running ads heavily for their clients, they must have an active social media presence. To think otherwise it just plain bogus my friends.

Stay true and don’t fall for the big bet. Always check with the community here before you hire an agency or Crowd PR, and do not send them any response to their email messages until you get the go ahead from us here.
    Last edited by wgbriefcase on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.