Anyone using Prefundia.com?
    CrowdEnergy
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Anyone using Prefundia.com?

by CrowdEnergy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Anyone have feedback / experience with Prefundia.com?? We put our project on Prefundia.com to build awareness and seemed to get some traffic from it. There was a huge spike in traffic one day but I dont know where it came from.. ok the validity of it... So far so good.

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/ocean-energy-turbine/584/

Attachments
    prefundia.png
    prefundia.png (88.17 KiB) Viewed 14550 times

CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Anyone using Prefundia.com?

by CrowdFund Genius » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

Any updates on how well Prefundia is working for you? Are those views converting?

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    CrowdEnergy
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdEnergy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:44 pm

Its hard to tell. The big spike in traffic had to be a counting glitch because it resulted in 1 follower -

So far our count is 6 followers from Prefundia.

Our best traffic and our best feedback has come from #1 twitter #2 facebook - http://goo.gl/#analytics/goo.gl/ua9C1p/all_time

We did a full tilt prweb press release and it was good for SEO , fair amount of web traffic , no media.

Next press release will be PRNEWSWIRE and that should give us a good baseline. Prnewswire is more media centric as well so that should help.
    QT Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by QT Games » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm

I used Prefundia.com, and I would again (free advertising is free advertising), but I think it is still small with not as much traffic as some other places. Here's mine. They could really use a search bar with categories, especially as they get bigger. I received approximately 1 follower per 147 views, but none of those translated to backers as near as I can tell. Not yet anyway, and my Kickstarter's been live for 1 week, the Prefundia for about 45 days.

It will probably be more useful once they become better known and get more traffic and a search bar. I've gotten the most success from making relationships with potential backers, and posting on facebook. The problem with Twitter (and I highly recommend using it even more frequently than facebook posts), is that people are tweeting all day long, so your tweet could quickly become lost and never even read by the majority of people. I get hundreds of tweets a day from people and it's a part time job reading them all, so you would need to tweet several times a day, and you don't want to post too often about your project on facebook especially, or you'll annoy people. So, I do a lot of non Kickstarter posts there too, but this is getting off-topic.
    Check out our Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology Kickstarter! Ends Feb 2nd. Don't miss it!
    CrowdFund Genius
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by CrowdFund Genius » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Everything you said about Twitter and FB is correct. Great advice QT. Can you go further into detail, maybe not on this thread, but another thread. But further detail into how you made relationships with future backers? Thats valuable information im sure people on this forum would love to hear.

CrowdFund Genius
    For more tips and Crowdfunding info check us out on Twitter @CrowdFundGenius and Like us on Facebook http://bit.ly/1kdAzSQ
    QT Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by QT Games » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:22 am

I'll go into more detail next chance I can catch my breath in another link. Man these Kickstarters are at least a full time job! I have limited experience with Kickstarter, however, so hopefully we'll hear from several old timers too!
    Check out our Arcane Synthesis: A Blended-Genre Anthology Kickstarter! Ends Feb 2nd. Don't miss it!
    rorabaughdesigns
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by rorabaughdesigns » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:55 pm

I've used Prefundia twice. Once for our Lumia Lamp http://kck.st/14xmkB5 and our current project VERSI Dock/Stand/Charger http://kck.st/JHNkub. Hard to tell. I had a lot of page views on both sites but the followers were low count. I'll use again on next project.
    Cheers!

Lorraine
    Kickstarter: http://kck.st/2ndmnSc
    Twitter http://twitter.com/coolinventllc
    QT Games
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by QT Games » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:48 pm

Less than a week of being on Prefundia (I was still on the front page) I got 3 followers. That was like 2 months ago. I'm now up to 441 views and still only 3 followers. i.e. Once I got off that front page, I no longer got followers. I'm sure that's not the case with everyone and frankly I don't think those 3 followed through and pledged, but there's still 22 days on the clock, so you never know. They might still. I'd still use Prefundia next time, as it is easy, but it was of limited use for me personally. I've had more success with friends on facebook than anywhere else, but not many backers yet (only 33) and I'm quite active on social media.
  • DOG BUTTON
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by DOG BUTTON » Fri May 30, 2014 11:32 am

Very interesting stuff. I'm currently prepping the Kickstarter launch of a feature film, entitled "BitterSuite", and I want to do everything I can before launch to try and ensure we start day one with a bang - hence my search leading me to Prefundia.

The thing is, I'm very sceptical for how it would benefit arts projects, as everything on there seems to be a physical product; I'm worried that posting out Kickstarter video there might actually damage our campaign, because we're really banking on people do finding the video fun, and making he snap decsion to back the project... After all, people can only see the video for the first time, once - and I want a "pledge" button next to it when they do...

Any thoughts on this? Am I overstating the 'impulse' pledge desire?

First time Kickstarter campaign runner here, so all advice would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Sam
  • themusicchamber
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by themusicchamber » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 am

I am new to this crowd funding concept and trying to learn it from different sources. I am also hearing about this prefundia for the first time and as much I can understand this is a very good thing it seems.