Post Reply 115 posts
Paying for Promotion
  • David Mc Donnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Paying for Promotion

by David Mc Donnell » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Has anyone used payed promotions? If so would you recommend them?

• Ingrid_Wolf
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Paying for Promotion

by Ingrid_Wolf » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm using the services of CrowdfundingPR (Silver pack, $50) and Ayudos (Basic, $60), and I would recommend both.

My press release published on Crowdfunding PR is currently in the top-10 sources of traffic to both my blog and my project page. As to Ayudos, they responded to my email very promptly, recommended a range of associated web resources to promote my campaign for free, and sent a free ebook with crowdfunding tips.

The one leading my campaign on Ayudos is Mike Gonzalez, the CEO. I asked him to write a better press-relase than mine was. There was no response for a week, and I was about to remind him of myself when I saw his article about my campaign featured on their main page (http://ayudos.com/)! On the same day, it was also published by Wallstreeter Crowdfunding News.

Salvador Briggman, the CEO of Crowdfunding PR, is regularly sending me updates on the media contacted. During the first week of my campaign, they sent my press-release to 5200 journalists, 600 of whom viewed it.

I don't think I'd ever have time to find and contact so many media representatives myself, so I'd rather transfer it to those who is an expert at it and focus on promotion via social nets and forums instead. The guys from Ayudos and CrowdfundingPR don't really charge much, and I suppose they are much better at contacting media than I am. They do it on a regular basis and are known there, while I am not.
    Last edited by Ingrid_Wolf on Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • David Mc Donnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by David Mc Donnell » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the recommendations much appreciated. I am thinking of doing the Gold package on both now.

best of look with your book will share it privately on Facebook to my friends who like your type of project
  • Ingrid_Wolf
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ingrid_Wolf » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:07 pm

David Mc Donnell wrote:best of look with your book will share it privately on Facebook to my friends who like your type of project

Thank you, David!
  • tadisdef
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tadisdef » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:06 am

Honestly someone should make a site that does nothing but promotes projects for free- such as a free post on the site, then each catagory would have a twitter and facebook account (example: @freecrowd_tech and @freecrowd_art) that they could get a free post on (hint hint on a project for someone).
    It just seems sad that people are trying to raise money, but have to spend all kinds of money to promote their campaign.
  • David Mc Donnell
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by David Mc Donnell » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:39 am

I'm agreed totally but the nature of crowd funding has changed as established companies have always been using it to get more coverage for there new and existing product lines, leaving it even harder for us small guys to get coverage.

http://prefundia.com/ heres a website you may have not been aware of they do it for free already.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:45 pm

@tadisdef You can create a free press release with CrowdfundingPr.org - Our forum sponsor :D We also retweet the majority of PRS from CrowdfundingPr.org that are tweeted at @crowdfundingpr_ @crowdcrux and @kickstartforum
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • ROV-marine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ROV-marine » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 pm

Hello my name is Collevecchio emidio and have a technician thermographic Italian, my field of application is the reduction of maintenance costs in the marine industry and vanvale merchant. My company is adding to its technological structure ROV to perform some checks and controls in depth and prohibitive conditions for any diver. In this regard, I wanted to tell you that for this project we used a platform crowfunding, hereafter give unto you the link, if you like give us a look and maybe give us a hand to be able to realize our idea...thanks

http://igg.me/p/740773/x/6981680
  • wurfel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by wurfel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Hey guys, yeah I just paid Gogo Rocket to help me out with my recent launched campaign, they seem like they know what they're doing, now it's just seeing the results. I guess, in order to make something happen you have to invest a bit. When I first launched my Indiegogo campaign, it was a lot of work and I mainly did all of the work, but it happened.
    http://kck.st/1lggHFy " When fashion meets personality, it brings innovative style." Arrow Project
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:38 pm

@wurfel - Be sure to share your thoughts on gogorocket on this thread. They've gotten mixed reviews. If you find them to be helpful, would be good to get a full picture of their services: crowdfundpros-com-no-no-t1696-10.html
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
Post Reply 115 posts