A first time Kickstarter. Open to feedback and thoughts.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: A first time Kickstarter. Open to feedback and thoughts.

by sbriggman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 am

Another interesting that has happened is that people have been handing me cash or checks directly because they do not like Kickstarter spamming their inbox or they are uncomfortable with using a credit card online.

Yes, I've seen this happen with other creators as well. It always surprises me too! Any reason you didn't do a cost breakdown in the campaign text?

What have you learned so far from your Kickstarter experience? Any stats or helpful resources you'd like to share? :)

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • cwjumpsuit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwjumpsuit » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:43 pm

I did not do a cost breakdown because the numbers I guess were not entirely accurate. I wanted to save myself the embarrassment.

Honestly, I rushed into this campaign. That was the biggest lesson of all. With only 8 days left - I am doing a lot of hoping, praying, and pushing.

I still struggle with the fine line of not letting enough people know enough times versus spamming them - if that makes sense. When is too many emails - a turn off to donation?

Also, I learned that a lot of people who are colleagues at my job - did not know about this creative/artistic side. They were willing to donate to support me as a person, but did not know what my project was nor why I was doing it. So that was an interesting lesson as well.

You guys have been a huge help! I don't know if I know of any resources that were particularly useful. I did a lot of googling, reading of stats, trends, predictions, etc. I think I fell into the Kicktraq trap.

I have been through a lot stress, an "emotional roller coaster," times of doubt in myself and then confidence again.

I don't know if that happens to everyone regardless of how many Kickstarter or crowd funding campaigns one goes through, but bottom-line - prepare.

Seriously thanks guys!

Carly
  • ultrafan123
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by ultrafan123 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:14 am

Great concept ! Good luck with the project
  • HollyEhmanEBP
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by HollyEhmanEBP » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:38 pm

first time to the forum and liking the suggestions im seeing
  • Petrolius
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Petrolius » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Interesting project.

I love indie films.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:41 pm

This is such an interesting thread to read. Although it's much older, love that OP (cwjumpsuit) was really willing to get raw and vulnerable on this page. I really do see that people who are the most open for feedback are the most successful ones out there (because this means a lot of prep going into the campaign and making it exactly right before even launching) so I would recommend everyone looking to launch their project to do the same :)

There are so many options to do this: ask for feedback on this Kickstarter forum before launching, find other like-minded entrepreneurs and Facebook groups to get constructive criticism, send the link out to friends and family to see if even they would back it beyond the goodness of their heart, find your audience and even send a preview to "superfans" to see how they respond to your page and what you're offering - the possibilities are endless!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook