The Bird Room KICKSTARTER!! It's Finally Here!!
  • chadh1234
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

The Bird Room KICKSTARTER!! It's Finally Here!!

by chadh1234 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Chad Hofmann's collection of horror, paranormal, and sci-fi short stories, for the dark and twisted.

Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my project.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Hello and thank you again for taking the time to check out my project. My name is Chad Hofmann and I am a fiction author from Virginia. I have been writing for as long as I can remember, it's the one thing I have always come back to in life no matter how many times it has gotten away from me. I love telling stories, it's just that simple, a good story can change your life.

For a full bio and preview of one of the short stories from the book please visit my website. Thanks again.

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Eli threw open the door and stood shocked for only seconds. Behind the door Eli saw two men. One was in a bath tub with red ice surrounding his blue body. Beside him a man was sitting on a stool next to a table. The table had many brownish-red lumps piled in a bloody heap, and Eli could make out the distinct shape of a human tongue among the other organs. The man sitting next to the bathtub turned and looked at Eli, his eyes were sunken in and he had patches of missing hair where he had been pulling it out. His lips parted in a crazy smile revealing a large number of broken teeth, and he pointed the scalpel he held in his blood covered hand at Eli.

“It’s too late for him too,” said the man in a high pitched voice with insanity falling off every word. Eli stood frozen, his brain issued a hundred different commands, but his body would not obey. The man let out a bone chilling cackle and with lightning quickness sunk the blade of the scalpel into Eli’s left thigh.

-Excerpt, The Bird Room

The Bird Room, is a collection of short stories I have written over the last five years with one or two that date back to high school. These stories have always weighed heavy on my heart and have circled my brain time and time again. This is where this book came from, I had to get them out, the circling was driving me mad.

There were plenty other candidates for this short story collection but I am fairly hard on my writing and these were the ones I loved, the ones that I always came back to. So I knew that they were the ones that had to be in the book. There are seventeen stories of the horror, science fiction, and paranormal genre; as well as six short poems with full color illustrations spread throughout the book. You can find a sample story from the book, Gray, at www.chadhofmann.com.

WHERE'S THE BOOK NOW?

Glad you asked. The manuscript is finished and waiting to go through the copyediting process, before being formatted and sent to all your favorite book distributors. This will be published as a print (both hardcover and paperback) and e-book. Currently I have the cover and some of the art for the poems finished with the rest in progress.

Follow the link to find out how you can earn great rewards and help put The Bird Room in the world's hands.

http://kck.st/1kmblVq

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: The Bird Room KICKSTARTER!! It's Finally Here!!

by sbriggman » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 am

How's the campaign going so far?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • chadh1234
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by chadh1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:45 am

It's going slowly, I have been non-stop promoting since I launched it and I had hoped to have a little more traction at this point. Any advice?
  • mnykolay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by mnykolay » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:15 am

Good Luck!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:12 am

For one, I usually see most campaigns raise 20-30% initially from their network and then from external sources. I would direct email/fb message/call people in your family/friend/acquaintance/professional network and then move on to local community. Emphasize that their cards will NOT be charged unless you hustle and meet the 7k goal.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.