"Mommy Dearest" Music, Dance and Teather all in Drama
  • AleVilaplana
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

"Mommy Dearest" Music, Dance and Teather all in Drama

by AleVilaplana » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi!

I want to share a KickStarter project that My mother and I have been making for a while with a support of a friend.

Is a Costa Rican play we have been making and planing from a while.
    I'm currently studying in Japan when my mother is in Costa Rica with the support of our friend in the States, we have recovered communication thanks to this project that we just released today!

Mommy Dearest is the life story of Elena, her son Pedro, Elena’s mom and Marcela, Elena’s college friend. Both got pregnant in college. One had the baby and the other had an abortion. In the play, there’s a dialogue between Elena and her mom, having an argument: “I didn’t know how to raise my son, moreover, you did it for me…and I helped turning him into a weak person. I didn’t fight for him. I truly wonder what’s worse: Marcela’s abortion or me abandoning my son…” Mommy Dearest is a short play about the role of the language in the life-building process. It’s a reflection, especially for those who consider having kids and when asked “why?” they don’t really know what to answer. It has always been like that, actually we have kids for no particular reasons and we don’t think about the huge responsibility involved in that decision. After all, parents are the primary and perhaps the biggest responsible in building their kids’ life.

Mommy Dearest is a reflection about life, children and women’s words within a patriarchy system. It is also a psychodrama: main characters resolve their drama along the play. It is a feminist play that makes emphasis on the constraints of patriarchy and it’s based on Lacan’s psychoanalysis theory, because all of the pain and the solution to it lie in the language. According to Lacan, the unconscious hides in the language, what we say, what we don’t, what we repress and project.

This project intends to represent the personal unconscious through art. Mommy Dearest is drama, dance, music and video, all portrayed in a deep psychodrama.

This is the link if you wish to take a look:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... my-dearest

• mortiis37
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: "Mommy Dearest" Music, Dance and Teather all in Drama

by mortiis37 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 pm

WOW!! This sounds incredible, I truly hope you do get funding for this wonderful project.
    X
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: "Mommy Dearest" Music, Dance and Teather all in Drama

by sbriggman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Your goal is very ambitious. Have you considered splitting up the funding from Kickstarter and other sources (investors)? Also the section under "Mommy Dearest team:" is blank.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.