Campaign Issues
  • Unrswag
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Campaign Issues

by Unrswag » Thu May 01, 2014 1:43 am

So we, (my sister and I) come up with a regular tshirt company because we happen to like art and the simplistic comfort of a nice tee. Nah, but thats too boring we thought. So we keep developing the idea and eventually it becomes this insane idea in which we are quite attached to. T-shirt packages that have items accompanying the tee, that you can actually get out and do stuff with. Then we brainstormed up ideas for different lines, then how they would be limited edition (50 or less) ,custom numbered, yada yada yada. Initially we just were throwing chunks of our nine to fives earnings at it. Then we found out about crowdfunding, then Kickstarter in particular. The concept behind it rocks btw. We grabbed our samples took pictures and worked on t-shirt designs, then campaign strategies, then marketing. We figured 5000 was a low amount but considering we already went through the sample process and had some designs then we would make it work. So we launched! 5 days ago to be exact. We decided to go with our 7 Deadly Sins line, as a sampler, and we used a video short we made to introduce the line we would be able to create with the funds from Kickstarter, Zombie Apocalypse. Long story short, our Kickstarter isnt doing that great. Very expensive press release later, 10 blog features, Social media active...we still arent doing that great. And we can't find out what we're doing wrong from what we are doing right.
    We are at 5% and Im nothing but determined to get to 100%. I say screw sleep (3-4 hours a sleep) and off to my day job, and back at it again. Nonetheless this idea isnt going to make itself happen, and we arent exactly social butterflies (which is half the problem) so Im not sure what Im missing or what can I do differently. So if you see an error, or anything offsetting about my campaign, please let me know so I can stop pulling the little bit of hair I have out. Much appreciated!
    http://kck.st/1in6lLb

Takia Matthew
    Humdrum smasher
    Unrestricted Swag
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Campaign Issues

by therriaultk » Thu May 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Hey, I just took a look at your campaign. I like your t-shirt designs a lot, and the fact that the themes will change is cool. Your incentives are interesting too. What I found a little confusing was the whole "experiences" part and where that fits into your Kickstarter. Is that one of your further goals? Possibly narrowing your focus for this project (although the diagram towards the bottom is good for summarizing where you would like to go) would help. Also, even though you obviously put a lot of effort and time into producing your video, I thought that the zombie part was random and not really necessary. It took about a minute in to get to talking about the project specifically, and I personally found myself getting impatient waiting for the relevant parts. Hopefully things turn around for you soon!
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • Unrswag
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Unrswag » Thu May 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback. It was great and very helpful. We will be taking your advice and making the changes ASAP. Thanks again
    Takia Matthew
    Humdrum smasher
    Unrestricted Swag
  • isaac_yao
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by isaac_yao » Sat May 03, 2014 4:44 am

Hi Takia,

really love your kickstarter page,and the T you designed,I've just start mine,have to say ,it's not that easy to win a champain on Kick,but we still have the chances,I wish you could do some effort on the PR,or trying to reach some social media presser,I am doing this too,hope it may change something.
    this is mine:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lumi-l/lumi-l

Isaac