First Kickstarter Art Exhibition Hosted Today in Brooklyn
    therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

First Kickstarter Art Exhibition Hosted Today in Brooklyn

by therriaultk » Fri May 16, 2014 1:07 am

The rise of Kickstarter and crowdfunding has allowed new and well established artists alike to fund a wide variety of creative projects. For the first time, Kickstarter has decided to host an art exhibit featuring artists whose work had previously been featured on the website.

The show's roster includes heavy hitters like the Marina Abramovic Institute, Swoon, Heather Hart, and Jeremy Bailey. It will also feature works by Leon Reid IV and Saya Woolfalk, two dope artists ArtSlant recently highlighted.

Reid is a New York-based public artist who used Kickstarter to bring laughter to his fellow city-dwellers. Back in 2011, Reid turned the statue of George Washington in Union Square into Tourist-In-Chief. The hilarious public installation saw America's founding father draped in "I Love NYC" tees, toting shopping bags, maps, and cameras.

This show was hosted in Brooklyn from 6 to 9 p.m. tonight, and was free. I think it's really cool that Kickstarter is helping to promote artists. I also love that crowdfunding websites are embracing the indie cultures that they support and providing them with information and resources to succeed. What do you think?

Source: http://www.complexmag.ca/art-design/2014/05/kickstarter-first-art-exhibition

Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: First Kickstarter Art Exhibition Hosted Today in Brookly

by sbriggman » Fri May 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Very cool! Just think over the course of 15 years, Kickstarter could probably open up a crowdfunding museum of sorts to show how our culture has changed (art, music, games, design, etc).
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.