Matthew Arkin, saying hello.
  • MatthewArkin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Matthew Arkin, saying hello.

by MatthewArkin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:55 pm

Just introducing myself. I am an actor and acting teacher, living in Los Angeles. Currently getting ready to do a role in the crowdfunded production of Veronica Mars. Also running a Kickstarter campaign http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1815786743/in-the-country-of-the-blind-a-novel-of-suspense to publish my suspense novel IN THE COUNTRY OF THE BLIND.

The first five chapters of the novel are available for reading through the Kickstarter page, and I would love any feedback on those chapters, or my campaign.

Here's more info on me than anyone could possible want:

After practicing law for four years, I decided to return to my first passion, my acting career. Since that time I have met with considerable success, appearing in theaters throughout the nation from New York to California. I appeared on Broadway in Neil Simon’s The Sunshine Boys, with Jack Klugman and Tony Randall, Losing Louis at the Biltmore Theater, and I made my Broadway debut as Lucas in Neil Simon's Laughter on the 23rd Floor, a role I continued on national tour. I have numerous other New York credits, include Gabe in Donald Margulies’ Pulitzer Prize winning Dinner with Friends (Drama Desk nomination, Drama League Honoree), as well as film and televisioncredits. I regularly appear in regional theaters throughout the country, have been the voice of countless radio and television commercials, and have taught commercial voiceover technique on both coasts.

I teach acting privately in Los Angeles, as well as in the Conservatory at South Coast Rep., one of the nation's leading regional theaters. More information can be found at http://www.matthewarkin.com.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Matthew Arkin, saying hello.

by sbriggman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forum! That's awesome about your new role. From law to acting is a daring jump! Sounds like you have had a prosperous career. I'll be sure to check out your project. Hope you make some good contacts from the forum.

Sal
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.