Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

News + Fraud Watch + Popular Projects

Victim of Kickstarter SCAM!

Moderator: VaporStarter

by MrAllan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:44 am

What are the rules when it comes to projects that never come to fruition? From what I have seen it is almost like deferring college classes. As long as you do a little something every year you are never quite in trouble. The reason I ask is I have been following a fan film project for a while (disclaimer I did not contribute to it because I was skeptical from the start). It was/is for a Power Rangers fan film (not the awesome one that came out of the blue that was actually done by random pros) This one was by amateur film makers that looked pretty good for what it was. It was originally supposed to drop in 2012 after they reached approx 10k past their goal. Then delays and no talk, something about the effects team. Later the main creator said he had family issues his Mom passed and he stepped back and put the project on the back burner. Most fans seemed to give sympathy based on the comments but after a decent amount of time that sympathy turned back to anger. Some of the actors completely left the project. As pf right now they say the film is done and they are just cleaning up the effects (I believe they have been saying this for 6 months). Backers are demanding their funds back . Because of this project similar projects saw basically no results when they attempted a campaign releasing a free project before asking for anything. There is a constant joke that the lions gate film will release before this project which is likely true or perhaps they are playing the long game and will drop their film the week of the actual film or when the films first trailer drops to draw on those views. As it stands now though many are wondering what are they to do in cases like this, the "defer method"
MrAllan
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by Ignitecfp » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:43 pm

We had something like this happen for a campaign we ran named Fontus - self filling water bottle.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/font ... -camping#/

Someone took the project and was trying to sell it on E-bay.

Google Alerts can be a lifesaver sometimes.

People trying to copy your work...at least there is a compliment hidden in there somewhere.
Ignitecfp
-- Junior Member --
-- Junior Member --

by Mr KC » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:12 am

Wow. I've been giving my pre-launch KS link out for a couple of people to review. Fortunately my friends only. It would really suck if someone got ahold of my preview link and tried to launch before I did.
Mr KC
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by TMO » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Wow!11 Sorry to read of your difficulties. I've already been super careful about my funding but this is a great reminder. Thanks! Hope it ends well for you. I'm sure the emotional toll is great.
TMO
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Previous

Return to News + Fraud Watch + Popular Projects

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts