Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today

by lowkey » Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 am

cfrei wrote:I just hired Funded Today to help me with my Kickstarter campaign and it was a TOTAL WASTE of $2,500. I don't recommend that you hire them and here is why.

1. You have no control over your brand or message as they don't let you see any of the Facebook ads before or during the campaign. So, you have no idea what message they are putting out, when, how or even if they are putting out all of these ads they are claiming to.
    2. They don't use your Facebook account to place the ads, so you don't even get the advantage of driving people to your page or generating awareness or likes (if they aren't driving donations- which they didn't).
    3. I honestly have no idea whether they placed 1 ad or 1,000 ads during the 7 days they claimed to have placed ads. I never saw an ad on Facebook, so as far as I am concerned, they took my money and that was it. When I ran a Facebook paid advertising campaign, I ran into my ads all of the time (as I am in the target audience). I never once saw an ad for my company or product.
    4. There is no team. You work with one person (who was very nice) but basically for $2500, I got one 15 minute phone call, that was it.
    5. Most importantly, they DON'T DRIVE DONATIONS. I don't trust that they did a thing. They run the company like a factory and sign up as many desperate people/companies as possible, take your money and make it look like they are doing something, when in fact, they aren't.

Those are my two cents. I hope this post helps the next person who considers hiring Funded Today. BTW, they wanted $3,500 for their service and I negotiated them down to $2,500.

Live and learn.

I am happy to talk to anyone offline about my experience if you are considering using Funded Today. Just email me at cfrei@calebscookingcompany.com

its vey much like American Democracy.

They took, they tell you things, and you just gotta believe them.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • tifjasmine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tifjasmine » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:46 pm

I just started a GoFundMe account and boy is it hard to get some support.
    My page is
    https://www.gofundme.com/movement-arts-studio

If you have any feedback, tips, or any suggestion please let me know!
    Of course, donations are appreciated!!!!!!!!
  • clutchit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by clutchit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:18 am

we hired funded today and they funded us but we lost money in the campaign because of their percentage :(
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:39 pm

clutchit wrote:we hired funded today and they funded us but we lost money in the campaign because of their percentage :(

Thought so. I've commented on this issue farrrrr before. But yet, I guess nobody cares.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • shanelid
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shanelid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Breaking News - Funded Today no longer Indiegogo partner and all campaigns they've worked with removed from their partner page too:

https://www.indiegogo.com/partners/fundedtoday
    Shane Liddell
    CEO
    Smart Crowdfunding LLC
    www.smartcrowdfunding.com
  • tamz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by tamz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:35 pm

I paid Funded Today, $3000 and they did not get a single pledge for my company. Zach Smith is a scam artist and instructs his account reps to let everyone know how amazing their product is, take their $3k deposit, and then there is absolutely no service provided, and no analytics to prove their effort. I have screenshots of Zach Smith telling me my product sucks. Then why take my money??? I'm a single mom and small business and they knew this. They take everyone's money and boast about the 2-3 clients they have actually made money for. BEWARE of this marketing scam and these people.
  • Mileneal
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Mileneal » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Stefan P wrote:I've tried Funded Today for my crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.

The goods are they do have their own recipes to marketing crowdfunding projects. And the recipes work very well for some projects

The bads are their marketing strategic works for some not all and the cost is quite high. We had to pay around $3500 nonrefundable upfront fee for a thing called validation week. They said they would use this upfront fee to validating our product. Later I know they did it by using mostly facebook ads. Based on what i have seen and statistics on GA, they might have spent no more than 1/7 of the upfront fee. When the validation didn’t well, FT just canceled the contract and there is no refund. The pass rate is only 40%. Moreover, I didn’t even think the people who had ran the facebook ads for my campaign were really good at it. Just sensed it tho, they didn’t share any information about how they were running the ads.

At the end, we didn’t pass the validation week. So we decided to hire a freelancer to run facebook ads for us. We bought a list of around 1k Kickstarter super backers for $35 (with names, facebook url and id) from a guy on Fiverr, studying their behaviors, creating lookalike audience and running facebook ads ourselves. Fortunately, not all gigs on Fiverr are crap. Those ads brought up more revenue way more than what FT could.

I will definitely not use FT ever again. If you are gonna spend up to $3500 on facebook ads, just run it yourself or hire some really good one and take control of the whole situation. Because no one understands your product and cares about it better than you

Hi, may I know which particular service you used to get the super backer list?
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:45 pm

Wow I didn't know either FT or Indiegogo removed their listings. Seems pretty strange and would be great if FT let their audience know.

For a super-backer list, I'm wondering of the real value. If you're pinging a list which is used often, plus it's not so targeted wouldn't this be considered a form of spam?

Ideally you'd want to find your own potential backers. It's harder work, but worth it in the long run.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
    JoIIygreen
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JoIIygreen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Ouch that is a big $$$ hit. They better help A LOT to be worth $2500+. I'm sure there are other cheaper marketing alternatives like CP.
  • HandiSOS
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by HandiSOS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Cool!