Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Kickstarter Marketing: My experience with Funded Today

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 am

Jwen wrote:Finally, someone reviewing their service! Thank you for sharing.

There are quite a few reviews out there, if you know where to look, and those reviews seem to be as diverse as the clients who hire it. One site to consider is www.fundedtodayreviews.com, which has a great selection of dozens of very positive reviews to consider. You can definitely find some negative reviews out there, as well.

It seems to me that one of the most common complaints about Funded Today is from clients who spent thousands of (non-refundable) dollars for Funded Today to test Facebook ads to attempt to find a way to profitably advertise their project---and then got few (or no) pledges in return. But that's arguably more the result of the creator's product/service than of Funded Today's marketing. As a car marketer, for example, you can do your best to figure out the best way to persuade people to come visit a car dealership, but if the car showroom is poorly-designed/staffed and if the car itself turns out to be more of an Edsel than a Mustang, and if every single person that you bring to visit the showroom ends up leaving without buying anything, then what can you do? Even the most skilled marketing on Earth can only do so much for a challenging product/service. And it seems that virtually every creator expects his/her project to do well---otherwise, they wouldn't have spent so much effort on developing it. Unfortunately, the market sometimes has other ideas, and that reality can sometimes be rather hard for some creators to deal with, and may leave them feeling both cheated and inclined to misplace blame.

Although it's true that good marketing can sometimes figuratively breathe new life into a generally-overlooked project by reaching out to just the right people and then effectively persuading enough of them to come take a look at it (which I've seen happen repeatedly before), it's also more the exception than the rule. It's more often true that, if a project isn't doing very well enough on its own without marketing, then there are quite possibly some fundamental problems with either its product or its presentation, in which case promoting it to the masses (or even to some carefully-chosen subset thereof) won't help enough.

In any case, those are a few of my thoughts about this subject based upon my own experience in the crowdfunding marketing world, for whatever they may be worth.

I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 am

cfrei wrote:1. You have no control over your brand or message as they don't let you see any of the Facebook ads before or during the campaign. So, you have no idea what message they are putting out, when, how or even if they are putting out all of these ads they are claiming to.

That's another of the most common complaints about Funded Today. I understand that Funded Today maintains this policy to protect "trade secrets" and such so that other people can't too-easily duplicate what its advertising team does. Arguably, such dissemination-of-knowledge is inevitable, and all that can be done is to slow it down---so, ultimately, this policy will become irrelevant. But, for now, it will apparently remain in place---and remain a frustration for some. For others, though, it's well worth enduring in exchange for the results.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 am

masonhung wrote:3000+ backers pledged $1.37 Million to Cubiio, my first campaign. We could not have achieved it without the help from FUNDED TODAY. They are nice, energetic, aggressive, professional, hard workers. I will hire FUNDED TODAY to promote my next campaign again. It is reasonable to choose a good marketing partner if your product is great and you aim to Million.

Yep, I remember that Funded Today posted this on its Facebook wall about raising over $200,000/day for Cubiio...

https://www.facebook.com/FundedToday/po ... 6890414859

That was a rather amazing gadget. I'm glad that so many others agreed, and I'm eager to see it produced.
  • shrikewicket
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by shrikewicket » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 am

There are a lot of warning posts and it helps. Unfortunately, now there are a lot of unreliable services that are causing damage to users and I've read a review about this on https://Essay-On-Time.com.au earlier and actually, users do not follow the security themselves. As you know, Funding, as the resource says, has a number of obligations and clear characteristics. You have to be competent.
  • hamza1987
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by hamza1987 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Hey Everyone,
    I wanted to jump in for a quick review here. I am in the middle of my 1st crowdfunding campaign right now and I did extensive research on all the companies out there FT being one of them. The most bad reviews I read are from people who fail their due diligence test. I have myself failed their due diligence test but I can't disagree more from people who say it's a scam. Yea I failed the testing but I was told at least a dozen times that it's a possibility. Honestly, I wouldn't want someone to continue doing ads for me if they aren't converting. The team was very professional and are always available to answer any questions I have. Even though the ads were not profitable which I knew was a possibility due to my product being a summer product and the fact that the CPC is very high during the holiday season. They are still doing a lot of cross collaborations for me and have featured me in their cashback network which has yielded over 3k already and growing everyday. What I want everyone to understand is that a good product is a prerequisite for selling. I contacted the team again after Christmas and they will do another test on the converting audience even tho we have transitioned to a tracked only revenue model. I would mention one thing here, that these guys keep it simple, they wanna try and get results. Ending paid media partnership isn't stopping them from doing another test to see if they can get better conversions after new year since the CPC would be lower and it's usually hard to convert ads during the holiday season. This just goes on to show that they want to help me end the campaign on a high. The point I wanna make here is that as long as you have a good product and you invest the time and energy to turn it into a viable business, things will come along. Don't look at the test as money wasted but a way to test the market and evaluate your strategies to further enhance your business.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Here's the link to my campaign:
    http://kck.st/2BtdMD8
    Best!
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:28 pm

hamza1987 wrote:I am in the middle of my 1st crowdfunding campaign right now and I did extensive research on all the companies out there FT being one of them. The most bad reviews I read are from people who fail their due diligence test. I have myself failed their due diligence test but I can't disagree more from people who say it's a scam.

Thank you, Hamza. We appreciate that.

Yes, I agree our biggest complaints have always been from people whose projects fail our testing. (Second is probably not sharing the details of our ads.) It would be nice if we could find a way to run profitable ads for everyone, but there are simply too many factors beyond our control. So, we can't (and don't) guarantee good results. But we like to do what we can.

I'm glad that you're finding some value in our tests, even if the results so far haven't been what either of us would have liked. Hopefully, as advertising costs return to normal after Christmas, it'll be enough that we can advertise your project without losing money, but we'll see.
  • trent.palo.smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by trent.palo.smith » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:45 pm

My friend lost $5,000 to funded today's upfront fee. He had me check it out after the campaign, and I am almost certain that they photoshopped things to show that they spent more money on ads than they really did.
  • riddlemethis
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by riddlemethis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:38 pm

It's been my experience that what matters far more than the end result of your experience with a marketing promotion service is actually how well they treat you, how much respect they show you and your campaign. There is no use seeing a return on your payment to a service unless they treat you properly.
    Over 10 projects created, launched, and funded. Most recent campaign: http://bit.ly/1io3HZh
  • YabbaJabba22
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by YabbaJabba22 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 am

trent.palo.smith wrote:My friend lost $5,000 to funded today's upfront fee. He had me check it out after the campaign, and I am almost certain that they photoshopped things to show that they spent more money on ads than they really did.

What campaign was this?
  • AmandeNow Bags
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by AmandeNow Bags » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:11 am

This is so shady...

Ignitecfp wrote:Hi guys,

We were running a campaign for a fitness tracker device called Specter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... =user_menu

Towards the end of the campaign we were nearly $10,000 over their $30,000 dollar goal. I visited their page one Monday and nearly spit my coffee all over my screen. Specter had lost over $9,000 in pledges over the weekend. We were still barely above the goal mark, but what could have happened? I contacted the owners of the campaign to ask if they had any idea how they could have lost 30% of their funding in just two days.

It was then that I heard that they had previously signed up for some deal with a company called Funded Today. The backers that were lost were all the backers generated through their deal with this company.

I do not know how much money was spent on this program, but the owners seriously regretted their decision to work with Funded Today.

I have not personally used this service, but based on this experience from one of our clients I would strongly recommend against them.

Hope this helps someone