Anyone heard of The CrowdFunding Ninja?
  • lanborg
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Anyone heard of The CrowdFunding Ninja?

by lanborg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 am

I got a message from CrowdFunding Ninja after launching my project regarding marketing and PR. His message didn't seem like most other scam msgs, but perhaps I'm a newb and can't really tell them apart.

Anyone have any experience working with them? Is it legit?

Lan Borg
    Creator of zZzleepy cat
    Please check out my Kickstarter campaign!
    http://kck.st/2yNl6ur
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Anyone heard of The CrowdFunding Ninja?

by hyperstarter » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:09 am

Looks like he's on Fiverr focusing on promoting campaigns via his FB groups.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • IAmHereNow!
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by IAmHereNow! » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:45 pm

He, and numerous others, 'hit' on our KS within a few hours of launching. If you do a little bit of Googling you'll find that he is "Ryan West" aka the The Crowdfunding Ninja. His introductory email was very 'smooth', quite clever really, not pushy and 'aggressive' like most of the others - however, unless anyone else can show me otherwise, all I have been able to discern is that he FB's and Tweets your link (along with hundreds of others) with 2 hashtags - and that's it. Oh. almost forgot, he alleges that he doesn't use 'bots' all is done by hand, which beggars belief given the number of posts he is hammering out. Finally, he also claims that he will "..contribute $5 dollars to your campaign for your time..." - after you've given him a minimum of $50 of course. So not any real traction to be had there methinks, but then where is?
    littleguy101
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by littleguy101 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:10 am

IAmHereNow! wrote:He, and numerous others, 'hit' on our KS within a few hours of launching. If you do a little bit of Googling you'll find that he is "Ryan West" aka the The Crowdfunding Ninja. His introductory email was very 'smooth', quite clever really, not pushy and 'aggressive' like most of the others - however, unless anyone else can show me otherwise, all I have been able to discern is that he FB's and Tweets your link (along with hundreds of others) with 2 hashtags - and that's it. Oh. almost forgot, he alleges that he doesn't use 'bots' all is done by hand, which beggars belief given the number of posts he is hammering out. Finally, he also claims that he will "..contribute $5 dollars to your campaign for your time..." - after you've given him a minimum of $50 of course. So not any real traction to be had there methinks, but then where is?

And honestly, the best thing to do is save your $5 or your $50. It's not worth the risk. Even if it does work, it is too high of a risk because if things don't go well, and if you don't make 100k or more of that initial fee, then you are left with nothing. I agree with you here mate, I think the same way.
  • galeunderwood
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by galeunderwood » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:57 am

I'm ashamed to say this but I fell for his scam in one of my first campaigns. creators beware of that one for sure
    here's my campaign link: http://kck.st/2zpXDxF
  • lilconnoisseurs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lilconnoisseurs » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Got scammed too. This guy is scamming about 50 campaigns on any given day... I tweeted about it but don't seem to be able to get traction. What can be done to stop people from falling for it? Pisses me off that someone is using the dreams of others to scam them out of their money.
  • JohnM
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JohnM » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:18 am

Unfortunately I have.

I did a campaign for a cookbook on Kickstarer, spend a fortune on production and was looking for someone to help me promote it. Came across this CroudFundingNinja Aka Ryan West. Paid him for a months worth of promotion , some $600 for his "100K followers" (probably his mum 100, 000 times) and off we went.

The campaign was complete disaster from day one . Of the 200 or so sales that I needed to make for the campaign to succeed I got about 20 (all of my family) Time and again I contacted Ryan West, time and again he reassured me that it was going to work and that " I will not let you down"

Three weeks in I asked for my money back because blind Freddy could see that he could not help me. Again all the bull shit in the world to make me stay in. In the end Ryan emailed me that he would refund some portion of the campaign. Still waiting because he no longer responds to my email.

Just a scam, wish I had read these posts before I engaged him. We live and learn, so please learn from my experience with the Croud Funding Ninja or Ryan West. and save your money.
  • trent.palo.smith
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by trent.palo.smith » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:52 pm

if you can't afford to risk $600, then you probably should quit trying to be an entrepreneur. seriously, what are you doing even wasting time hanging out in this form? you want to be a big shot? then get your asss to work and quit chatting around in forms.

i just joined this form and im sorry to say this but you guys seem like a bunch of idiots and losers. you think $600 is a big loss? go back to flipping burgers then.
  • BigBoJackson
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by BigBoJackson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Run for the hills, these guys are scammers! I do not recommend.
    no live campaign yet, im gearing up for a big 2018
  • riddlemethis
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by riddlemethis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:34 pm

Whenever you receive a cold message during a live campaign, you must beware. I myself just delete all these spam messages, but if you are less experienced than me then I am sure your campaign will end up trying a few of them. My prescription in this scenerio is to at least see if the spam email was obviously an email that is sent out to each an every campaign. That's a huge give away of a scam. You cannot allow yourself to be scammed. It doesn't matter if you loose $1 or !0,000 its all the same. When you get scammed you loose your self esteem as a crowdfunding campaign, and that is something that you cannot get back at all.
    Over 10 projects created, launched, and funded. Most recent campaign: http://bit.ly/1io3HZh