Post Reply 260 posts
Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
  • carolyn kent
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by carolyn kent » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:28 pm

I'm saying "the creator" needs to manage % profit... nothing to do with marketing agency. In other words, if we don't have enough profit margin built in, we need to carefully consider marketing choices.

• warlord
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by warlord » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Incredible post. Couldn't agree more with what you have written. In most cases marketing firms who spam people's inboxes are solely in it for their own gain, despite telling you they'll be there "every step of the way". :cry:
    Warlord- A dragon battle strategy game
    [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/492717721/warlord[/url]
  • twknox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by twknox » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi and thanks a lot for the great tips. You rock!

Here's my dilemma. I have a campaign that I started that is based on providing both information and supplies for the upcoming eclipse on August 21, 2017. My problem is that I had a VERY limited timeframe to get the project started (and funded) so that I could deliver BEFORE the eclipse. It would be useless to delivery after the eclipse in august.

So, I rushed into getting the campaign ready, and now I am 5 days in with only 3 backers, one of which is a close friend who is offering a SUBSTANTIAL pledge to help my campaign along. Well, I am really concerned, as I only have 25 days remaining. I am not trying to make a log of money on this, but want to promote the upcoming eclipse. I am very passionate about the eclipse, as it is the first one with a path across ALL of America in 100 years, and the next one will not happen for another 30 years, so it could be considered a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME chance for many Americans.

My budget to promote the campaign is extremely small, as this is more a project of passion than one where I am expecting a large return. What can I do that this point (with only 25 days left) to get my campaign in front of the right group of pledgers, and pledges to my campaign. I am not being biased, but this campaign is probably only interesting to people that live in (or plan on visiting) America in August, 2017.

I see my target audience as:
      Age 22-60
      Tech savvy, or at least not a technophobe
      Interested in science, or at least in being a part of a unique event
      Live in America, or be visiting America in August 2017

Can some people look over my campaign, suggest ways to reword/reformat it, or places to post for it? Ultimately someone who can share the passion and would help me promote my site.

Why did I start this campaign? About 2 years ago I heard about the eclipse in August, 2017. I started doing my research, looking for the best place near me that I could best view the total eclipse from. It was very frustrating research, but finally after several months of hard research I located what I thought was the perfect place for me to view the eclipse (a bed and breakfast that sits DIRECTLY on the centerline of the eclipse, but is off the beaten path so it won't be too crowded. Along the path of finding a spot I started gathering information on other places similar to what I found, all located dirrectly on the centerline, and all scattered across the entire length of the path.

Well, I have refined this list, and automated it so that new locations would automatically added. I then found more information and have incorporated it into my data, and now just by someone providing their zip code and answering a few simple questions I can provide not only good places to view the eclipse, but find places that have conveniences nearby that are also in the eclipse line. I am in the process of adding all kinds of other information, up to and including real-time weather updates on your location, and alternate places to watch from in case the weather at your chosen location is not optimal.

Whether this campaign is successful or not I plan on taking my concept and applying it to other eclipses across the world. I am also looking at other ways I can use the valuable data that I am gathering.

Can some people look at my campaign and maybe make some suggestions?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... he-eclipse

Thanks in advance!
  • carolyn kent
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by carolyn kent » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Very cool! I would reach out to schools (some are in session in August... year round schools, summer programs, etc.) and summer camps. Even summer child care like the YMCA... they often to special themed activities. Educators are always looking for activities &/or curriculum. I'm sorry that your timeframe is short... that does make it challenging, but you can get there!
    Good luck! I'm rooting for you!
  • twknox
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by twknox » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words. I am just afraid my time is too short but I am going to give it the ole' college try!
  • flamingos
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by flamingos » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:59 pm

thanks
  • crowdfundingupm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crowdfundingupm » Fri May 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Nice tips! Thxx
  • OYOme-Kickstarter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OYOme-Kickstarter » Fri May 05, 2017 6:02 pm

This sure would have been helpful.. Love seeing the information people put! We are 5 days in and really seeing the struggle of getting the backers. We still have 25 days, and are learning as we go. Keep the advice coming..Thanks

And of course.. My plug https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... -packaging?

Have a great day Everyone!! :)
  • johdel
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by johdel » Sat May 06, 2017 5:54 pm

@lowkey Thank you for this information and your experienced advice and tips on crowdfunding. I want to launch my accessories brand through crowdfunding this summer and it is nice to see real people trying to help others in their dreams without an ulterior motive = only for the money. Since I am new to this forum I cannot PM you as I would like to know more and how you work. Thanks.
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Sun May 07, 2017 3:17 am

I think you need to make up to x10 posts before you can PM.

johdel wrote:@lowkey Thank you for this information and your experienced advice and tips on crowdfunding. I want to launch my accessories brand through crowdfunding this summer and it is nice to see real people trying to help others in their dreams without an ulterior motive = only for the money. Since I am new to this forum I cannot PM you as I would like to know more and how you work. Thanks.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
Post Reply 260 posts