Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compiled.
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Promoting your campaign? 1 year 7 months research compil

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:23 pm

lowkey wrote:I can see theres a lot of you who made some minor mistakes on what works for your advertising. First things first, yes, the best advertising platform for your crowdfunding is FACEBOOK. Proven facts. Please check the attachments below.

That's what my co-workers have found also. If it works on Facebook, then it might work elsewhere. If it doesn't work on Facebook, then it almost certainly won't work elsewhere, either, although there are always exceptions. So, we always start with Facebook before expanding to other platforms, if/when we ever do.
    Last edited by DaveGarber1975 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 pm

lowkey wrote:I forgot to mention. If you are too lazy to do your research, theres a quick way to learn your audience.

1. Create a new facebook account
    2. Like, interact and comment ONLY on product/business pages with similar niche (you can have few friends too)
    3. A while after, pay more attention while you scrolling down your fb walls, and you can see sponsored ads by your competitors. With this, you can identify the most effective type of ads by analysing the engagements made by their audience. It does not include LIKES. Only shares and comments since Likes is not that valuable. But those who actually made significant comments and kind enough to share those sponsored posts will be your most organic and valuable leads.
    4. Make friends with them and you'll get a good survey for the potential of your product!

See what I did there? I stopped you from flushing $2,500-4000 down the drain. Thats what I did.

Thank you, Lowkey. I appreciate that.

Google Analytics can also be helpful in checking comparative pledge rates for different demographic segments. The interests section isn't as helpful, in our experience, since it doesn't vary as much from one project to another, but it can sometimes reveal some helpful surprises, such as that Breton business backpacks are finding a lot of traction from college students who want something classier-than-average to carry their textbooks. Also, just FWIW about GA, virtually every Kickstarter campaign shows an unusually high percentage of pledges from Virginia's Ashburn area, but that's only because Kickstarter's servers are there---in reality, most of those backers are coming from elsewhere.
    Last edited by DaveGarber1975 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:34 pm

lowkey wrote:Your audience must be interested in Paypal because whats the point targeting those who dont know about Paypal right? duh. What else? They must be interested in cool material, uncrate, engadget and other techies sites. Oh, and make sure they are those who age between 22-55..I hope I dont need to explain why. Do you think those under 22 have the buying power to help you?

Interesting suggestions.

Lookalike audiences---audiences of people who resemble your own backers---are often among the best to use, in our experience, although it can be challenging to build a long-enough list to make a good audience. Lookalike audiences for backers of other projects that closely resemble yours can also be very good.

Targeting people who like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and/or crowdfunding can sometimes be helpful---but not always, because some projects find relatively-broad appeal among people who aren't normally interested in crowdfunding, such as the relatively-recent Side Winder campaign.
    Last edited by DaveGarber1975 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm

hyperstarter wrote:You're right :)

Actually I think project owners need to take a step back. It's great to get support but at the end of the day, it's down to what you're trying to raise

There's stats like 60%+ of all campaigns fail...it could be due to lack of publicity, promotion, no outreach or could be at the end of the day the project is crap :)

If you've identified a target market, tested it out amongst family/friends, then strangers...and they like, then you've got a possibility of a winner campaign.

Agreed. One of the secrets of marketing is that it's NOT magic---it can't change the fundamental nature of customers and/or the product/service. In my experience, the product/service is always the most essential factor to any campaign's success. How it's presented via its page is second. How it's promoted through marketing is third. If you consider those three categories alone. Even the best marketing can't help a fundamentally-flawed product. Funded Today had a bit of fun with this concept in this blog entry...

https://www.funded.today/blog/the-crowd ... ess-matrix

Sometimes, marketing can breathe new figurative life into an obscure campaign and turn it into a smashing success---I've seen this happen many times, but it's definitely more the exception than the rule. Generally, if a project isn't doing well without marketing, then it's not likely to do much better with it. Creators with campaigns that aren't getting any backers without marketing can always take that gamble, and it might even pay off hugely for some (as I've seen it do), but it ideally shouldn't shock them if they pay thousands of dollars for the best marketing available to see pledge rates remain flat.
    Last edited by DaveGarber1975 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:50 pm

lowkey wrote:Which on will be more profitable? The small one of course. Because when they made the new page, they target the audience related with the old page as I mentioned before. So from the 176k people, those who usually responds to the ad and pledge a project on Kickstarter was around 26,000 (the numbers on the newer page).

This assumes that every post/ad is targeted only to people who like the page. That's not necessarily true at all. When boosting a post or displaying an ad, the target audience can be chosen completely independently of whatever page is sponsoring it.
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:59 pm

johnnyappleseed wrote:What about the marketing agency, Jellop? They seem to only work with very selective clients. I heard they are favorable with their terms (15%) although you have to pay for Ad spend. Compared to Fund.Today, which takes more than 30% and a upfront fee, which would prefer?

Yes, Jellop is much more selective with their clientele---they generally only take on campaigns that are already showing a great degree of success. Funded Today, by contrast, is more willing to take chances on anyone.

A lower cut isn't necessarily a better deal (although it might be)---it all depends upon how much money you end up spending on ads.

Here's Funded Today's commentary comparing-and-contrasting themselves with Jellop, for whomever it may interest and for whatever it may be worth...

https://www.funded.today/blog/jellop-ki ... ire-jellop
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 am

dint see this one coming. Whats with the huge replies on FT and such? Do you represent them brother?
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • TheEntitled
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TheEntitled » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 am

Thanks @lowkey. You have provided so much fantastic information = legend!
    I am looking to launch a campaign in the coming months :)
  • makingmodern
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by makingmodern » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm

We just finished our first successful campaign - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... ry-guarant

The best ROI we got was from cross-promoting on other Kickstarters updates, using https://crowd.pr/, and https://www.backerkit.com/ newsletters.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 pm

makingmodern wrote:We just finished our first successful campaign - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ma ... ry-guarant

The best ROI we got was from cross-promoting on other Kickstarters updates, using https://crowd.pr/, and https://www.backerkit.com/ newsletters.

congratulations. good numbers you got there.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled