People interested in the Kickstarter, but not contributing
  • karatewolfpunk
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

People interested in the Kickstarter, but not contributing

by karatewolfpunk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:26 am

My Kickstarter was launched last week. I had done a pre-launch, garnering interest, etc., but now that the page is actually up, it hasn't gotten much in terms of contributions. The truth is that it is way behind if the campaign is to be successful.

The kicker is that I have received dozens, if not hundreds, of parties expressing their excitement over the book in various forms (comments, reactions on Facebook, messages, etc.). The thing is that while this is going on, very few of them actually convert to contributions to the project. A lot of people are like, "I can't wait for this to be published!" as if it is guaranteed, which it is not. However, I don't want to harp on these negative feelings when I continue to work on my campaign.

Taking some advice from Sal when I joined a webinar, I've attempted to create a sense of urgency, especially when it comes to creating Facebook ads.

Anybody have any advice?

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: People interested in the Kickstarter, but not contributi

by hyperstarter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 pm

Yeah likes and tweets don't really amount to much.

I had a look at the campaign, I don't see the connection between the mysterious kids tv series Avatar and what you're doing (which I guess is why should back your book). I thought it was more for kids/young teens and not related to the issues you're bringing up - which might be why the audience isn't on board yet.

I'm not sure who you're targeting as kids are too young to be interested in this subject, whilst the topics you write about are specific. The video is specific to you too, I can't see how people can connect to it.

I think you should still keep up the good work, perhaps Kickstarter isn't the right medium to use right now until you've built up a following. Best of luck.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Miriam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Miriam » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Same experience: everybody said to get the excitement up, so we did with lots of buzz and 'wow can't wait' comments, and now its up, and there are few contributions!
    Just keep plugging, and we will too!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:02 pm

As a followup to this...did you collect their emails and really get their interest? These people who are interested but don't back you could help share your link amongst their network...
    Miriam wrote:Same experience: everybody said to get the excitement up, so we did with lots of buzz and 'wow can't wait' comments, and now its up, and there are few contributions!
    Just keep plugging, and we will too!
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • karatewolfpunk
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by karatewolfpunk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:36 pm

hyperstarter: While I believe this book would be valuable to people who haven't watched the show, I'm specifically aiming for people who have watched their show who are now in their twenties. (That could also be the problem since, at least from what my friends are constantly complaining about, they don't have much money.) As I said in the project description, it aired from 2005 to 2008, so its original viewers are now older.

I specifically tried to make sure that the description of the campaign made sense to both viewers and non-viewers, so multiple people from both groups gave their feedback, which was wholly positive. I had one person interested the project who messaged me, telling me that the video is a great reflection of what the fandom stands for. One person, but that was kind of what I was going for, especially with taking Sal's advice with telling a (personal) story rather than making a pitch.
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:12 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman