How to Get Crowdfunding Donations
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How to Get Crowdfunding Donations

by Cristina » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 am

Crowdfunding is an amazing way to finance your dream. You can use it get funding for a nonprofit, a startup venture, or even a creative project.

However, I’ve spoken with many hopeful crowdfunders who end up launching a campaign… only to hear crickets.

No one’s taking action. No one’s donating to their campaign.

It’s really, really frustrating. It’s also disheartening.

I want to change all of that for you. With my podcast, Crowdfunding Demystified, I’ve spoken with six and seven figure crowdfunding successes.

Read the article here: http://www.crowdcrux.com/get-crowdfunding-donations/

How-to-get-338x185.png
    How-to-get-338x185.png (101.54 KiB) Viewed 896 times

Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • thestatemate
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to Get Crowdfunding Donations

by thestatemate » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:24 pm

One of the biggest questions I have had from people so far is "What is a Kickstarter?" and "Are we just donating you money?". I guess I was ignorant before this process that many people DON'T know what a Kickstarter is, so really getting your pitch down to target friends and family I feel is important, as the hope is to get a small initial surge from them.

I do believe making your product have a tie to a good cause is also important. People want to feel they are helping other people as well as the project owner itself. Killing two birds with one stone! From my initial advertisement, I have found this to be true, as my sock company, The State Mate, sells state flag socks and donates a pair directly to a homeless shelter in the state of purchase. I know I need to have more than just a few tricks to make my $5000 goal though!
  • PlaywrightHaven
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How to Get Crowdfunding Donations

by PlaywrightHaven » Thu May 18, 2017 1:33 am

thestatemate wrote:One of the biggest questions I have had from people so far is "What is a Kickstarter?" and "Are we just donating you money?". I guess I was ignorant before this process that many people DON'T know what a Kickstarter is, so really getting your pitch down to target friends and family I feel is important, as the hope is to get a small initial surge from them.

Agreed. Creating an elevator pitch or a short summary of what Kickstarter is for people unfamiliar with the platform can come in handy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... udio-drama