Kickstarter Landing Page Example / Template by Lowkey
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Kickstarter Landing Page Example / Template by Lowkey

by lowkey » Sun May 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Hello everyone. Its been a very long time since I last make any good post here on the forum. Up from my first partnership with the forumers, I've work with more less 20 campaign till now. And thats just for the past few months I guess. Its been a good ride, to the point I think I took more than I can handle. So now, I am going to share you some of my experience and I think one of the most important thing before you launch your Kickstarter campaign : Landing Page.

First and foremost, pardon my english will ya?

Now to start it off, we'll go step by step on the mistakes done by most campaign owners : You guys think the audience will magically back your project when you launch the campaign. Well, thats not exactly wrong, you can get lucky and funded right away but damn thats like..maybe 1 out of hundred?

The truth is, you need to bring your own audience. Your own crowd, so you can get at least partially funded right when your launched your campaign. Its true tho, Kickstarter get maybe 300k unique visitors per day, thinking you can get at least 1% from that, say 1,000 to view/back your project is not wrong at all. But now, how do you think Kickstarter drive the audience to the website? They are responsible for maybe 20% (i am just guessing, do not beat me on the numbers, you'll get the point later) of the traffic to the website if you consider returning backers who love to check on other campaign and of course due to Kickstarter reputation.

What you dont count is they actually get the remaining traffic due to marketing done by the campaign owners which later drive the potential backers to their own project to the website to see the campaign. So say 80% of the remaining traffic to Kickstarter come solely to see the product they actually have interest in by ads, articles, and other marketing hype. Meaning they already want to buy something and thats why they choose to visit Kickstarter.

Now you need to understand the audience sentiment, why Kickstarter? Other than the typcial online shoppers who often come as new backers to most of the projects, there are some crowdfunding enthusiasts who believe they can help some poor guy setting up a new company, and these guys usually care for the backstory of a company/product. These are the guys who organically visits your campaign when you reach Popular/Hot page.

Back to my point, its important to setup your own community beforehand. The process goes like this :

Marketing > Get Leads on your landing page > Launch your campaign > Get partially/fully funded > Attract more potential backers with your campaign who already get partially funded > Get fully funded. In between the whole process? Same shit : A lot of marketing.

So how can you setup a good campaign, when you failed to get at least partially funded? Say 40%? 50%? Ask yourself, when you visit a campaign on Kickstarter, am I right, that you actually skip those campaign with 0-15% funded? Why? Because percentage works like some sort of approval. Much like how you visited a campaign and you can see they get featured on HuffPost, Mashable, Gizmodo, thats the seal of approval you were looking for when you visited a campaign. But when you are looking at a wall of campaign on Kickstarter Popular or any niche you choose, you pay more attention to campaign with higher percentage funded! Thats not math, thats just how we human reacts with numbers. In crowdfunding world, other than price point, the higher a number is the better!

Higher number of backers,
    Higher percentage funded,
    Higher goal reached,
    The higher the better.

I am not saying theres no chance at all for you to get some backers with 0% when you launched your campaign, but hey are you going to settle with "OK" or you want better for your campaign? Thats the thing. You already tried your best to setup your campaign, do the research, the design stuff so why give up halfway. Do the right thing. Ads? Maybe for some of you, thats the easy part. BUT GET THAT DAMN LANDING PAGE RIGHT BRO.

I've told many of you before, but I am going to make it short now since I take too much space explaining why this is important. Buy a domain > Create a landing page > Create good presentation > Link them to ads.

Suggested CMS (Content Management System) for Landing Page : Wordpress. They have the easiest way for you to install google analytics, facebook pixel, and it will be much much easier for you not to only track the visits you get using google analytics, but its easier to use conversion objective for leads when you ran facebook ads. You can get this stuff explained if you search it on google but I am telling you this straight to your face, those analytics and pixels are that important.

It comes to my understanding that some of you often choose the cheapest hosting solution for your landing page. But did you know since theres no CDN enabled for your Landing Page, it might be slower for your website to load to other part of the world? Right? Its like clicking ads on scam websites. They bring you to somewhere dodgy. You do not want slow loading landing page as first impression.

So after you receive those mail leads, which you spent your ads on to drive traffic to your landing page, get a big numbers. As per now, the average costs for leads are as follow :

Design niche - $10-30 per leads depending on product / ads relevancy
    Tech niche - $5-15 per leads depending on product / ads relevancy
    Filmography - $10-30 per leads depending on product / ads relevancy

Say we take the average of $20 per leads which is reallly reallyyyyyy expensive (usually its around 5-10, but in some cases it can go to 30 for hugely expensive price point)..thats $2,000 for 100 leads.

The conversion rate from interests shown by your leads to actual backers/conversion during launch and throughout the campaign are as follow :

15-30% during launch
    50%-70% throughout the campaign till ends.
    *depending on your price point too. they are interested with your product, but pricing a phone at $9999 is just utterly stupid. dont do that.

so there you go, $2000 spent for 50% which is 50 backers who might buy your product for maybe $99? Thats $4,950 funded by 50 backers for your $2,000 spent. Too much? This are all calculated on MAXIMUM numbers. Theres many other things you can do to lower the budget, lower the costs, making the right ads etc. And of course, theres a way for you to include the marketing costs into your product price point.

Theres just too much to explain here. I already explained them on my original posts : 1 year 7 months marketing research compiled. Take your time and read em, fair warning, its a long wall of text, but its a real advice based on real experience. Do yourself a favor.

Thats all for now folks, Lowkey out.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Kickstarter Landing Page Example / Template by Lowkey

by lowkey » Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm

I just want to reinstate the importance of Google Analytics and Facebook pixel to get your leads.

Study em!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:56 am

;/ sorry but am I an idiot if I say I didn't have a clue what this thread is all about? Could you explain it a bit better as the imaginary numbers floating about and long text made it really confusing.

My take on what you wrote is don't rely on Kickstarter only to bring backers and have an established group of supporters behind you before you launch - as well as:

Create a landing page
    - Use Wordpress, some related plugins, make it fast and focus on your product.

Use focused (FB) ads
    - Bring potential customers in this way, focus on groups in your niche.

Use Tracking
    - FB Pixels and Analytics.

I'm pretty sure campaign owners know this already...
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • Air Deck
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Air Deck » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:19 am

Thank you :)
  • Helen
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Helen » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Some of us are newbies & don't know all this. Thanks for the initial post, and for the summary. Now I need to do some Googling to understand FB Pixels etc.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 am

hyperstarter wrote:;/ sorry but am I an idiot if I say I didn't have a clue what this thread is all about? Could you explain it a bit better as the imaginary numbers floating about and long text made it really confusing.

My take on what you wrote is don't rely on Kickstarter only to bring backers and have an established group of supporters behind you before you launch - as well as:

Create a landing page
    - Use Wordpress, some related plugins, make it fast and focus on your product.

Use focused (FB) ads
    - Bring potential customers in this way, focus on groups in your niche.

Use Tracking
    - FB Pixels and Analytics.

I'm pretty sure campaign owners know this already...

bash me all you want. and yes, of course, you can act like you understand your potential clients more, thats why you wanted to make it all "simple" and "straight to the point"...I on other hand care about making the point.

Imaginary numbers floating around you say? Heh. Pathetic. If you read everything, and go through it over and over again, you'll definitely know what those numbers mean and what to expect from good/bad ads. But hey, you dont care! You just wanna look cool right? Silly me. Please, continue.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:37 am

Helen wrote:Some of us are newbies & don't know all this. Thanks for the initial post, and for the summary. Now I need to do some Googling to understand FB Pixels etc.

Somebody "pretty sure all campaign owners know this already".... Meh, maybe roughly 75% of my clients doesnt know the importance of landing page and early community doesnt mean anything to anyone..opps. Here I go with my imaginary numbers again! Damn this need to stop!

Anyway goodluck Helen.
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 am

Hello people.

I am not going to accept any project for a while. As frustrating as it sounds, at least to some people, I decided not to accept anymore project due to my own personal problems. For those who sent me messages through this forum, I am sorry if I dont have time to reply you. For those who already sent me an email, I am sorry for the delays because I have had this feeling to stop working for awhile now.

I am going to settle the project I already received payment for, other than that, I would like to apologise one more time and I suggest you guys to go through and study the whole post again and again to fully understand how I work. Do not forget about the landing page, and how to analyse your ads.

If trashtalker come to spoil my posts, dont bother. Go through their posts and you can always see the difference in approach and sincerity. Some people just want to play "hero" for those in needs but I rather be the "ugly truth"..yes, I am going to mention Hyperstarter name because this boy just keep entertaining me for good reasons..boy you really make me think like I owe you something like $5 dollar per joke maybe? Dont keep em coming I cant handle too much joke especially when its a bad one.

Chills people. You can send me inbox, just dont put too much hope into it ya?