Do you know how Backer club and Cross promote work?
  • marviza22
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Do you know how Backer club and Cross promote work?

by marviza22 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello, I have started my Indiegogo campaign yesterday, https://igg.me/at/privat-smartphone/x/16870188 and I want to get more backers so I look for websites to get them and I found about Backer Club and Cross Promote to get more backers but I couldn't understand well how it works, and most important if they worth it.
    Thank you in advance for your answers

Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Do you know how Backer club and Cross promote work?

by Cristina » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
    Tom Beckett
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Do you know how Backer club and Cross promote work?

by Tom Beckett » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Both can be worth it, but it depends when you are planning to use them and how things are currently going.

Backer Club from my experience is worth it if you know that the investment is a small part of what you ultimately plan to raise. If it's a larger percentage, I don't think the bump from them is worth it.

Cross Promotions - They work, but it's best if you are the popular kid on the block. You might be able to get a bigger campaign (more $$ raised, percentage overfunded, lots of backers) to cross promote you, but you get a lot of leverage if you are the larger campaign and can get smaller (but successful/currently succeeding campaigns) to partner up with you.

You really gotta bring your own crowd to your campaign, and then lots of goodies can happen, but rarely vice versa.