How to promote our Kickstarter Page? HELP!
  • chronocushion
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

How to promote our Kickstarter Page? HELP!

by chronocushion » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 am

Hi Everyone,

We are high school students who want to help improve our community. We identified the issue of back pain for students wearing backpacks, and wanted to create a device that can solve this problem.

Two weeks ago, we first launched our idea on Kickstarter and received a lot of feedback and support. However, we haven't been able to get any backers ever since.

Could you guys please give us some suggestions on how we can advertise and improve our Kickstarter page? Additional support would also be hugely appreciated! Thank you so much!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ch ... reator_nav

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: How to promote our Kickstarter Page? HELP!

by hyperstarter » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm

With 9 days to go, I'm not sure if you'll reach the goal...however, if you want some advice or relaunch, feel free to get in touch.

WIth my background, I've worked on the overfunded ERGO back campaigns and the currently running Neck Hammock, with 1/2 million raised so far.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • surferdude
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by surferdude » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:57 pm

hyperstarter wrote:With 9 days to go, I'm not sure if you'll reach the goal...however, if you want some advice or relaunch, feel free to get in touch.

WIth my background, I've worked on the overfunded ERGO back campaigns and the currently running Neck Hammock, with 1/2 million raised so far.

Hyperstarter, what are some of your favorite channels in this forum to get founders grounded on the main drivers of traffic to a K.S. landing page? Actually, doesn't need to be a channel, but the drivers would suffice.

Thanks for your helpful posts
    umountain_craft
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by umountain_craft » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:24 pm

good project. So sorry that you have not many backers.
    My project is not sucessful too..(
    Can anybody give some recomendation for pormo? Where I can find more backers?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46 ... ountain-cr
    MY FIRST KICKSARTER PROJECT HERE: [url]bit.ly/umountain[/url]
  • dragana.nesho
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by dragana.nesho » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:51 pm

It is extremely difficult to get traffic to a Kickstarter project if you do not have an engaged community. I think this is what our biggest mistake was. Make sure to have a community prior to the campaign. We have tried almost all of the marketing channels and everything is extremely expensive as you advertise to the entire world and not to a specific audience. FB ads will deffinitely not work unless you have some predefined audience. Probably organic and through influencers would be best. Also some gigs on Fiverr, but many are scams (fake clicks etc)
  • Grood1996
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Grood1996 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm

It's all hard work for the most part. And there's a very big market outside of crowdfunding too. And agile microbrands can be creative to hit that market something big brands and traditional retailers cannot do.
    Web App: Search driving school around you: "Fahrschule in Berlin"
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 pm

umountain_craft wrote:good project. So sorry that you have not many backers.
    My project is not sucessful too..(
    Can anybody give some recomendation for pormo? Where I can find more backers?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46 ... ountain-cr

My employer Funded Today, after working with nearly 2,000 campaigns, has noted that social-media ads tend to work best when they work at all. After advertisements, the most effective techniques to use are (in their usual order of effectiveness, although individual campaigns may vary) cross-promotions, affiliate marketing, and public relations.

If you can afford it, then you can try hiring a professional crowdfunding marketing agency like Funded Today to engage in such marketing for you---but, if your campaign is struggling to raise more than $5,000 on its own so far, then that might be too much of a risk. Usually, when campaigns struggle that much without marketing, then they don't do much better with it. We've definitely seen some very wonderful (and welcome) exceptions to this rule, though, such as OSOM socks (as shown below), which responded incredibly well to marketing---so, you never know for sure until you try.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/45 ... er-created
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/45 ... osom-socks
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
  • victorjack
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by victorjack » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:49 am

One line answer is, "Before You Launch, Build a List"

Building your list:

Think of the supporters you already have and how you interact with them.

Collect email addresses, Twitter handles, phone numbers, and other means of contact information in a single place.

Once you’ve got a sizable list, start segmenting. Are these supporters friends, fans, family, VIPs, industry contacts? Breaking the list up into groups will make it easier to craft and send tailored messaging later on.

Another way to categorize your list is by the amount you think each person will pledge. This can also help you estimate your funding goal and how much you can expect to raise with the help of your community.

One list-group should be people that you know can support your project as soon as it launches. Think of them as the people that will drive momentum!

Finding your audience:

Identify and start engaging with groups, forums, and social media outlets with interests that are relevant to your work.

Look into organizations and collectives that other creators in your category belong to.

Remember to collect names and contact information at any events that you host.

Share your ideas, early drafts and sketches, and prototypes with those groups to get feedback and start seeding interest in your project.

Where can people find out about you and what you’re doing? Think about places to share updates on your work, whether it be a blog, Facebook page, or email newsletter. And if you do launch a project, remember to share it through these outlets, too!

Continue reading @ the original source, https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/before ... ild-a-list
    kickstarter clone script to develop a successful crowdfunding platform
    DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:27 pm

victorjack wrote:One line answer is, "Before You Launch, Build a List"

Thank you for that excellent advice.

Whatever the means, whether through a Facebook page or lead-gen page or blog, et cetera, it's definitely good to build some fans in advance. Their pledges will help enhance your project's natural pledge-spike over its first few days. And, anytime others see a project rapidly making progress toward a minimal goal, it both (1) provides "social proof" that your project is a worthy idea to support and (2) inspires confidence that it will actually become a reality---and both of these factors will encourage others to pledge who might not otherwise do so.

Turning out your family and friends can help with this, as well. Even if they pledge only $1 each, Kickstarter's popularity algorithm treats their pledges the same as if they'd pledged $100 each. So, their pledges will help bolster your backer tally, as well as boost your project's visibility in Kickstarter's rankings, both of which (again) will encourage others to join them who might not otherwise do so.

There's a lot of synergy involved in pledging---more pledges from one source typically encourage more pledges from other sources, and vice-versa.

My employer offers a paid lead-generation service, by the way, and it's definitely worked quite well for many projects, although it hasn't worked so well for others. We've also talked a little about a similar service helping creators to build social-media communities of fans, as well, which some other companies like Green Inbox are already doing a great job of mobilizing to pledge. I don't know if we'll end up doing that or not, but we'll see. Just FYI.

As I mentioned earlier, once that initial pledge-spike (perhaps enhanced by leads) starts to dwindle, we also offer additional forms of marketing that can potentially help revive it, especially social-media advertisements, but sometimes also cross-promotions, affiliate marketing, and/or public relations---and, whenever we've been able to do both for projects, our post-launch marketing is normally far more effective than pre-launch lead-generation.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman