Kickstarter vs. Indiegogo in 2018
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Kickstarter vs. Indiegogo in 2018

by Cristina » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Thinking of crowdfunding in 2018?

Should you launch on Kickstarter or Indiegogo?

To start the year off right, I’m going to share with you the key differences between Kickstarter and Indiegogo, along with which is BEST for you.

Not all projects are created equal. Some projects are a better fit for Kickstarer. Others should look into Indiegogo.

By the end of this comprehensive training video, you’ll gain a clear understanding of how these two major crowdfunding websites compare.

We’ll discuss the differences in functionality, community, and of course, marketing.

I’ve shared the video with you below!

Read the article here: https://www.crowdcrux.com/kickstarter-v ... gogo-2018/

kickstarter-vs.-indiegogo-338x185.jpg
    kickstarter-vs.-indiegogo-338x185.jpg (12.89 KiB) Viewed 1293 times

Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • Sieuwe01
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Kickstarter vs. Indiegogo in 2018

by Sieuwe01 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi

I think Kickstarter is the best platform since it is better regulated!

Greetings Sieuwe
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Both have benefits and drawbacks. I just did an interview with a dude who raised $1 million on Indiegogo. Should come out on my podcast soon.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • swiftstraps
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by swiftstraps » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Kickstarted has a huge base. And indeigogo is fairly new and people dont really associate it with anything like someone wants to start a new project or a startup they say kickstart it but not Indiegogo it. You know what i mean... but i feel indiegogo is catching up. Both platforms have their pros and cons.
  • WeProgressShort
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by WeProgressShort » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Having used both platforms for Short Film funding. We are much preferring the functionality of Kickstarter. It also seems to hold more weight in potential backers minds. Just a thought really. This is probably just an industry bias though.
    We Progress - https://goo.gl/26Dtaq

A short film focusing on male mental health. A story of hope, recovery & progress.
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:37 pm

It's 2019 now so there are a few things to talk about when it comes to the difference between Kickstarter and Indiegogo:

The biggest thing is that Indiegogo has now fully positioned itself as the main platform to launch hardware products to the market. They've not only built out a solid resource list for entrepreneurs, but they've also created an end-to-end system in helping entrepreneurs bring their hardware products to life. This ranges from helping entrepreneurs match up with suppliers to figuring out DFM (design for manufacture) all the way through to shipping and fulfillment.

With Kickstarter, they've continued to be true to their message of bringing creative projects to life. This ranges from film projects to board games. Fun fact: board games is the largest sector on Kickstarter!

That's the main difference between the two now that we're in 2019, but for more comparison points, check out the full article here: https://crushcrowdfunding.com/the-ultimate-comparison-indiegogo-or-kickstarter/
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook