Re: Paying for Promotion

by indie » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

DaveGarber1975
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by DaveGarber1975 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 am

hyperstarter wrote:I think before paying for anything, you need to take a hard look at your product. Asking questions like:
    - Do I really think anyone will buy it?
    - Are my tiers and goal realistic?
    - Have I made the campaign page. imagery & video the best it can be
    - Does the text make sense and is legible?
    - Do I know who I'm targeting? Did I reach out to influencers before launch? Who actually wants my product & am I targeting them?

I concur. This is VERY sound advice.

The most vital factor in the success (or failure) of any crowdfunding campaign, I've come to believe from experience, is the product/service itself, and this factor is closely tied to its price. The second-most vital factor is how effectively that product is presented through its campaign page, which is affected some by its platform. And the third-most vital factor is how effectively that page is marketed to the masses.

Marketing isn't magic---it can't change the fundamental nature of people or products and, as such, it can only do so much. So, you can hire the best marketing gurus that money can buy, and they can reach out to exactly the right market segments and persuasively invite people to come view your webpage, after which you can show them the best possible presentation of your product---but, if your project is a figurative Edsel rather than a figurative Mustang, then people are simply not going to pledge, because it's simply not worth it to them. Some creators might get upset by poor sales and blame this on the hired marketers, but those marketers are innately constrained by reality, specifically by the product/service that they're given to work with. Again, the product/service is key.

But, if you create a widely-desirable product/service at a highly-desirable price, and if you present it very persuasively through both its video (especially) and its page, then well-targeted very-persuasive marketing will generally do nothing but enhance its success. We've noted that, when products/services do well without marketing, then they generally do even better with it---but, if they do poorly without it, then they don't usually do much better with it. I have seen many wonderful exceptions to this rule, as sometimes marketing is exactly what's needed for a generally-worthy campaign struggling in obscurity to attract just the right attention from just the right people---but, again, those are the exceptions, not the rule.
    I work for Funded Today, which has helped hundreds of crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo to raise over $175,000,000 altogether. How may we help you? Please learn more at www.funded.today and/or www.fundedtodayreviews.com
  • Weichen Li
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Weichen Li » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:58 pm

I've watch crowfungPR for a long time. I still dont know if the Press release will drive the triffic to my page?
    DTing - World's First Easy-Start Gesture Control Wristband
    Our Indiegogo page: https://igg.me/at/dting
    See website: http://www.dtingsmart.com
  • hausair
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by hausair » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Thank you Ingrid_Wolf for the link http://ayudos.com/
  • Idmix
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Idmix » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 pm

We used BackerLand newsletter blast. Here is their website http://www.backerland.com We received more than 20 backers from BackerLand after the newsletter was sent out. We stayed on the front page of Indiegogo the next week and gained a large number of organic backers from the site. I highly recommend all creators to work with BackerLand as they really did help our campaign go above our goals.
    Attachments
    Indiegogo dashboard.png
    Indiegogo dashboard.png (42.7 KiB) Viewed 2561 times
  • CrossroadPictures
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by CrossroadPictures » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:30 am

Crowdfunding PR seems like a great way too go and for the different price points its certainly worth it. We're going to take over the $50 package on our new short. First time using them, but given the feedback I've seen, I think it's a solid bet.
    Ruthf00
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ruthf00 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 am

RiboBlast wrote:I launched my campaign on indiegogo and in less than 24 hours i received 10 emails suggesting me that they are so kind that they want to help me and promote my campaign. How does it even makes sense to pay money to an unknown company to promote a crowed funding campaign when the reason i am there is money!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all- ... 13093470#/

Only 10? We got over 50 emails on every single launch! It's normal, most of them are pretty bad so you need to do your research, check testimonials, use references etc.
    Creator & Backer - Supporting the Crowdfunding Community Since 2015 (GoFundMe/Kickstarter/Indiegogo)
  • drumspider
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by drumspider » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 pm

Hi everyone,
    Do you have any idea for promotion of pre-launch page on Indiegogo ?
    We've just created pre-launch page about our DrumSpider - Learn Play The Drums in 5 Minutes:
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/drum ... x/19050349

We invite everyone to sign up by e-mail address. So far the results are poor.
    Thank You for any help,
    Best Regards
  • PremiumBusiness
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PremiumBusiness » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 pm

You can use my project for marketing: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/prem ... r-business
  • Uritron
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Uritron » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 pm

I think forum is the best place to promote as there's no need to pay any money in forum