"Great idea" No social traction. Am I wrong about the idea?
  • SmartStartPatrick
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

"Great idea" No social traction. Am I wrong about the idea?

by SmartStartPatrick » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello all. I wonder if I could pick your brains. I've been fine-tuning an idea for the better part of three years, and in the last four months, I've made it my fulltime job. In almost every case where I show someone my idea, I get a response typical of "that's awesome!" or "Everyone's gonna want that".

I launched my Kickstarter campaign a little while ago and had two preorders within the first 30 minutes. That was the validation I needed to confirm my suspicion; that my idea was a hit. Shortly after that, when Kickstarter moved me from the "new and noteworthy", my page fell dead.

Despite my best efforts on Twitter and Facebook, I don't yet have a product to offer (only a prototype), so it's been hard to attract and keep any sort of social following. I have a lot of "model turned crowdfunding fanatic" profiles following me, but I think they are as fake as the photoshopped profile pictures they use!

My point being, Could you please take a look at my campaign and give me your opinion? I have bootstrapped my product from paper-sketch to working prototype because I don't have friends and family who can give the recommended 25-30% of my goal upfront.

I feel I have a great idea but lack the social influence to gain momentum.
    Or am I wrong?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/932089726/oversleep-never-again-smartstart-user-sensing-alar/

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Funding Now!
    Stop oversleeping your morning alarm:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/93 ... f=category
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: "Great idea" No social traction. Am I wrong about the id

by Cristina » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:37 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman