Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

3 Negative Realities My Kickstarter Campaign Revealed to Me

Treat this section like a blog for your Kickstarter journey. Feel free to share project stats and lessons learned. Hold yourself accountable to new weekly goals by sharing them with us!

by johawkes1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Thanks for this post, having launched my first KS two weeks ago I have experienced exactly the same as you (minus the parley aha)

I've been surprised and saddened by who has and hasn't backed or shared the link. I'm struggling to cut through the noise of the internet with my project P A C E. I'm raising the money to print books to help the world slow down and read a real, printed book. I'm not trying to make a profit, just enough to print quality books and help the world slow a little.

It's so much harder than I thought running a Kickstarter on my own so if you have any good advice or are able to help support it please get in touch!

You can see it here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/p- ... r-a-moment or email me at johawkes1@gmail.com

Thanks and good luck with your campaigns too!
Jo
:)
johawkes1
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by curseofcassandra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:28 am

It is definitely surprising (in both good and bad ways) who you find supports you on Kickstarter. Some people you expect may not support your project but others you think wouldn't even consider it end up making large donations because they are inspired! I found many unlikely supporters through simply posting about it on Facebook.
curseofcassandra
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by Fader_Pugs » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 pm

When it comes to success and following your dreams - People want to see you do good but not better than them. I have wondered the same. Is it that hard to donate a $1, especially when you consistently "like" my photos on social media. It is a very interesting dynamic!

Keep up the good work!
Director of Public Relations for Fader Plugs, LLC - The World's First Mechanical Adjustable Earplugs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... nav_search
Fader_Pugs
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

by flikframe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:24 am

I agree, I didn't expect everyone to back me, most people shy away because they are not familiar with the platform (need to create account, understand the rules, wait for it to be made etc), but sharing the link was a bare minimum I can ask for. Less 5 of my friends shared on facebook. My partner is so pissed that his friends are only doing the talks and not take action also.

However, I was blessed to have extremely supportive parents, who go out of their ways to pester their friends into pledging :P Consider they are mostly 60+, don't read english very well, and probably don't get the point of what I'm doing.

At the end of the day, don't take it personal with the friends who didn't support, like Fader_Pugs said it could be people not wanting to see you do better, its the ugly side of human nature, doesn't necessarily means bad friendship. But it DOES really show you who are your biggest pillars in life, and its important to be grateful for that.
Come and check out my Kickstarter project! Love to hear feedbacks!
http://bit.ly/flikflik

Flikframe is a picture frame that sticks on the wall with Blu-tack (or similar). Collapsible & lightweight, customize how it looks in 30 seconds.
flikframe
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Previous

Return to Share Your Kickstarter Story (Updates, Campaign Stats, Marketing Strategies Used)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts