I have 750k Followers & 10k Fan emails - Help!
  • PUNCHROBERT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

I have 750k Followers & 10k Fan emails - Help!

by PUNCHROBERT » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 am

Yikes - I've made very viral videos (88 Million views) since the beginning of YouTube, plus been the lead in huge studio films - But 15 days into my campaign I've only got 130 donations lol!

I post to my hundreds of thousands of followers everyday - email blasted my 10k fan email list - and so I'm clueless at this point lol. Additionally, I'm constantly giving advice and mentoring people all over the world who write to me, and I teach dance all over the word with a clear focus on being personally available and invested. So I've got no idea which way to turn now lol.

It's a Kickstarter for a comedy pilot. Any feedback (spare no feelings here please) would be greatly appreciated!

Kick is: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... ce-complex
    Facebook is: http://www.facebook.com/roberthoffmanfans

Thanks for any help :)
    Robert

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: I have 750k Followers & 10k Fan emails - Help!

by sbriggman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:40 pm

Yo that's epic. I want a viral video like that ;).

Looks like your campaign is struggling. I think your goal is very high. Is that the minimum amount you need?

I think it comes down to studying the conversion funnel. Are your fans going to be interested in the actual project? Are you "selling" it? Have you actually asked those people you've helped to pledge or just kind of hinted at it?

I've seen some popular people get pledges just based on the force of their personality. However, most projects need a strong marketing/positioning element. Not saying yours doesn't but you gotta nail down why your fans aren't converting into backers.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • PUNCHROBERT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PUNCHROBERT » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 am

Man, I've done three different videos - passion for the community - passion for my dream - and jovial direct asks. Nobody has given any feedback critical of the delivery - only the opposite - "very charming and likable", "amazing idea" etc..
    Yea, that's the minimum to make this professional pilot with adequate amount of dancers and BG.
    My fans write me everyday asking me to do another dance project. Now they're getting their request fulfilled but I'm guessing my audience isn't the proactive type. I'm pretty lost. Basically moving on to investors now, but in high spirits just from all I've learned. Thanks for your thoughts Sal.

Sincerely,
    Robert
  • Epsilon_Games
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Epsilon_Games » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Sorry you didn't reach your gaol, really. And now it's too late, I would've backed it! :oops:
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:54 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman