Day 5 of Campaign - New Marketing Strategies Needed??
  • Fader_Pugs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Day 5 of Campaign - New Marketing Strategies Needed??

by Fader_Pugs » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Hello, All!

My team and I have done everything grassroots and homegrown that it seems you should have done for a campaign, correct?
    i.e - building an e-mail campaign
    promo cards printed and distributed
    speaking engagements
    sponsoring College homecoming
    paid social media advertisements as well as self posted
    hosting a Kickstarter campaign launch party
    blasting over the wire on PRweb
    cold pitching niche industry reporters
    Presenting at our community's board of governors meeting
    Speaking at conventions
    and of course speaking out to friends and family - our warm network!

It seems that many people are purposefully not pledging to help... even $1.

It seems that we have done a lot of important and strategic marketing here, but our campaign seems to be at a standstill. Does anyone have any advice? Our product has many applications the can truly help people, especially children with autism, manufacturing workers, subway commuters and the like.

Thank you!

Director of Public Relations for Fader Plugs, LLC - The World's First Mechanical Adjustable Earplugs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... nav_search
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Day 5 of Campaign - New Marketing Strategies Needed??

by hyperstarter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 am

Hi Blaise,

I think you're missing one from your list, if not *the most important* which is identifying your audience and targeting them.

Friends, family and others are great but they may not be into what you're doing, which is probably reflected in your comment.

If we can help let me know and best of luck with the rest of the campaign.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • AJPlay
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AJPlay » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm

We are in the same boat as you. We feel like we have done everything we can think of and still aren't seeing the results we want. We are trying to think outside of the box and think it there are any areas, groups or people we haven't tried reaching out to yet. Good luck!
  • Fader_Pugs
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Fader_Pugs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi Hyperstarter -

Fader Plugs is more or less participating on Kickstarter to gauge the consumer market and gather more data. After our marketing analysis - we know that our primary clients are going to be in the manufacturing/landscaping/forestry industries - really where facilities must be OSHA compliant. We are completed with product development and are looking to a Spring 2018 public launch. (fingers crossed!)

It is difficult to really pin down our target because the Fader Plugs are great for anyone from the pediatric population to the geriatric. Everyone needs to protect their hearing.

If you have a way that hyper starter can be of assistance, I would love to learn!

AJPlay - Thank you for the well wishes!! Keep on keeping on.
    Director of Public Relations for Fader Plugs, LLC - The World's First Mechanical Adjustable Earplugs

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... nav_search
  • Epsilon_Games
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Epsilon_Games » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi, so I've looked at your video and here is my opinion.
    First, the beginning.
    I really get why you dd it this way, but starting with hard, strong, annoying noises for 28 seconds (28!!!) might not be the best idea. I just want to shut the noise down, press stop on the video.
    Although I really get your point, I think the blessing of silence should come WAY earlier.

After the section with Kevin the musician; I think his testimony is alright, but we do get the idea really quickly and he talks about him and eventually about the product for a little over a minute. I feel like fast fowarding...
    But then theres the DJ, and the woman in bars and it's getting really annoying for me. I don't want to hear what they say, I got it already, and I have the impression it's kinda cheesy.

For me the real interesting part starts at 3:16. IMHO, that is way too far. The attention for a video is about 3 minutes. And you deliver the real stuff, the info I want when I already am bored...

Sooooo, sincen video is really the presenting, entry card, I would humbly suggest to re-edit it.

I didn't want to be rude or anything, just giving my opinion of the video.
    Thanks
  • Future BuyZ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Future BuyZ » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:15 pm

im having trouble too, maybe do fb ads or crowd funding sites. I may have to do backerclub
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman