What is going on here?!
  • sockinvaders
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

What is going on here?!

by sockinvaders » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Hey guys,

Just wonder if anyone would care to analyse whats going on with my project. Every project i see on kickstarter - it starts hugely well, has a dip in the middle and then goes big again at the end. Mine has been the exact opposite!

Is it that i failed to prepare adequately for the launch (agreed)? Or maybe my very low asking amount caused it to appear high in search rankings after a few days? Really this campaign has surprised me every single day and at every turn.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/174179 ... hart-daily

• kingsburywatch
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: What is going on here?!

by kingsburywatch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:15 am

Hey whatever the reason - congrats on being funded :)
    --
    The MS1 Military Watch Collection:
    http://bit.ly/ms1watchset
  • sockinvaders
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sockinvaders » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 am

Cheers, thanks very much! Still weird though isnt it? There has to be some lessons in here for people. Almost no friends or family backed it. No pre launch announcements, no big first day boost. But i guess a low enough goal really gives you a big boost. My project is nowhere near as professional as the others at the top of the charts. so no chance of being a staff pick. but the algorithm seems to weight percentage funded much more than total amount or how good the project actually is. feels very lucky so far. Just wondering why.
  • kingsburywatch
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kingsburywatch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:45 am

I think it would be a combination of subject matter vs price.

Video games are very popular on Kickstarter, socks with designs are all the rage these days and the price of the socks and the amount you were asking for were both low. All probably contributed.
    --
    The MS1 Military Watch Collection:
    http://bit.ly/ms1watchset
  • sockinvaders
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by sockinvaders » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 am

kingsburywatch wrote:I think it would be a combination of subject matter vs price.

Video games are very popular on Kickstarter, socks with designs are all the rage these days and the price of the socks and the amount you were asking for were both low. All probably contributed.

Ahhh ok, i see. didnt know theyre popular. yeah i definitely feel we devalued the product, but getting backers, any backers, was the number 1 priority ahead of profit. Maybe thats a lesson to be learned from this. i didnt evens et them to cheap early bird prices, but phased out the original rewards because they were too cheap.

I just find it really odd that every other project has that double dip. and we start small and are getting big in the middle. seems odd. but i would guess the percentage over the goal is what gets you in a good position in the ranks and from there, its reasonably self sustaining.

This has to be one of the more over performing, totally amateur, shoe string budget kind of projects. Feels like a miracle really. We're not making bank the way some projects do, but every backer is a potential customer giving us a chance to win them over. so i'd recommend to new project creators to set the prices low if you can. and maybe higher once you get to the goal. I see each backer as someone who could potentially boost us next time we run a project and give us that early momentum we never had on this one.

Thanks for the analysis
  • WildFlower
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by WildFlower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:57 am

There's also the chance that someone mentioned in a blog, news article, or something like that! Anyways, congrats!
    Bobi Necklace, the bobby pin storage necklace. http://kck.st/2ujG806
  • stef686
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by stef686 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Did you do a lot of marketing throughout your campaign and track where pledges were coming from using custom referrer tags?
    Badly Drawn Death - The quick, brutal and stupid battle card game... https://kck.st/2MkpQzb
  • PositiviKitty
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PositiviKitty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:56 pm

That is definitely unusual compared to what I have seen, but I think it is a happy surprise!

The price point was probably "just right" for a lot of people.
  • viper3110
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by viper3110 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:10 pm

congracs on getting funded.