ICE CREAM!!!
  • ryanfreemont
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

ICE CREAM!!!

by ryanfreemont » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 pm

My wife and I are big fans of Ice Cream, as I believe MOST people are. Check out this great company who is trying to do some good with their Ice Cream.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/673255479/pure-joy-ice-cream-truckstarter?ref=nav_search

giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: ICE CREAM!!!

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:35 am

Looks good, but how would you get your hands on the icecream? Sent by post ?
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • ryanfreemont
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ryanfreemont » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:25 am

The big downside to this one is that it almost exclusively benefits the local community where they are located. So unfortunately they have limited their audience by a great deal. But I still thought I'd share it since it's a unique campaign that I personally haven't seen before.
    giftsandcoupons
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by giftsandcoupons » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:44 am

Yeah that's a shame. If there was a way to send it over, I'd be interested too.
    http://www.giftsandcoupons.com/submit - Get more exposure of your Kickstarter / Indiegogo Project

http://www.giftsandcoupons.com - We Showcase the Ultimate Gifts
  • Glowme
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Glowme » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:50 pm

nice good job :-)
  • furqan
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by furqan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:04 pm

I love chocolate ice cream its too Yummy
  • Ajay9958
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Ajay9958 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:16 am

I love ice cream
    BuildingBlockz
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BuildingBlockz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 pm

10 Tips for Homemade Ice Cream Success
    1. The bowls of most ice cream makers take at least 24 hours to freeze. Get in the habit of storing the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer, wrapped tightly in a plastic bag. That way it's always ready to go.

2. The "batter" for your ice cream can never be too cold. I pour mine into an old quart-sized yogurt container and chill it in the fridge overnight.

3. Don't overfill your ice cream maker! Three-quarters full yields the best results. It might look a little empty, but trust me, if you fill the bowl up to the top, the ice cream won't aerate properly.

4. No matter what the recipe's instructions say, when tempering egg yolks for custard-based ice creams, never pour more than 3 or 4 tablespoons of hot cream into the yolks before whisking them back into the cream. And go very slowly. Nothing is worse then creating an accidental scramble.

5. As with drinking, when using alcohol as an ingredient in ice cream moderation is key. In my experience, anything more than 1/4 cup (in a recipe that yields 1 quart) interferes with the ice cream's ability to freeze.

6. Add extracts (vanilla, maple, almond, etc.) after the ice cream batter has cooled, but before churning, for the best flavor.

7. Add mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, nuts, and candy pieces, for only the last minute of churning. The ice cream should already be done. You just want to distribute the mix-ins evenly.

8. Shallow, flat containers are best for freezing and storing ice cream. While in America ice cream is usually sold in tall round containers, in Italy gelato is kept in low, rectangular ones, which promotes an even consistency.

9. To prevent ice crystals from forming, cover the surface with a layer of plastic wrap or wax paper before closing the container.

10. Homemade ice creams keep well for up to a week. After that, they begin to lose their flavor and creamy texture. Eat quickly—you can always make more!
  • chronocushion
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by chronocushion » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 am

Hey sounds great! I also love ice cream. I'm glad you guys are making innovations, keep it up!
  • filo789
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by filo789 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:08 pm

Too cold now for ice cream :D