Backed: Asian culture playing cards !??
  • MarkTorres0512
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Backed: Asian culture playing cards !??

by MarkTorres0512 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:19 pm

i am a card collector, just found a interesting project in Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/61721691/element-playing-card-find-a-deck-just-for-you?ref=discovery

It's a awesome looking playing cards with a topic " Asian's 5 basic elements" .
    some of the Asian culture said all people born with a elements (it's got a system that it depends on your name and your birth date and time ), and if you choose some things that good for your elements,,e.g if you belong to Fire elements you should not choose ice,, in other way something belong to wood elements will bring you good luck)

and the Japanese and Chinese call it FENG SHUI,, and i ask my Chinese friend if i use the elements that good with my element and play poker,,will it better? and he said of course,,that's why i back this project (of course the awesome looking of the black series are one of the reason too) So will u believe in FENG SHUI, and give it a try?? it's very cheap and made in USA!!

and they say it's perfect for MAGIC TRICKS AND CARDISTRY ,, i've back a BRICK ,,and also got a GOOD LOOKING TOKEN COIN!!!!!!!!!

• Rickyzs
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

Re: Backed: Asian culture playing cards !??

by Rickyzs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:13 pm

No wonder these cards are looking really beautiful. But the truth is, I can't really see how it's representing Asian Culture.
  • chronocushion
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by chronocushion » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:02 am

Awesome! I am also Asian and really look forward to seeing this product develop. :)
  • Altie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Altie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am

The cards do look beautiful, but the problem is that I do not see how it represents asian culture. You can say that the cards bring the wind, water, fire elements into play but that is not culture incorporated into the cards it is simply aesthetics and having different designs on the cards to 'look cool'.

Feng Shui is in essence "an ancient Chinese belief that the way your house is built or the way that you arrange objects affects your success, health, and happiness" (excerpt taken from Cambridge Dictionary) it is in no way related to the cards AT ALL. They simply look like a stylized deck.
  • WildFlower
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by WildFlower » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 am

I think the Asian culture think might just be your interpretation of it since it's not even listed on the Kickstarter. Wouldn't really call it culture though since that's different.
    Bobi Necklace, the bobby pin storage necklace. http://kck.st/2ujG806
  • periclesaugusto
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by periclesaugusto » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 pm

Those are very nice cards, I wish I had seen it before.
  • Hugo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Hugo » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Hello,

Assuming you are not from Asia, would you in any way see it as a problem to be invested in a project that is happening in a culture from which you are not familiar.

Sorry for assuming you origin, but from my experience most people on forums like this are from the western world. Apologies if I am incorrect.

Regards,
    Hugo