Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shares?
  • founding
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shares?

by founding » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:24 pm

During your campaign, on Google Analytics, can you see which backers are from Facebook ads, versus normal Facebook shares (from your friends, perhaps)? Even better, can you see which backers are from which Facebook ad campaign?

• JCGVannier
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shar

by JCGVannier » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

To do so I suggest that you go to your project's board and create a custom tag. Use it for your ads, it will be easier to track from analytics and Kickstarter will give you some stats about how much it converted.
  • mike420blazed247
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shar

by mike420blazed247 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:06 am

Yes it does, but you have to make sure you are using referral tags setup for each purpose at the end of every single link you put out.
    Xanxan
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shares?

by Xanxan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:21 pm

Yes, it does. The only thing you have to do is to use a referral tags setup and the things will work out. Anyway, when I see all those questions I remember of that time when I was also asking about it over and over and looking for answers on forums, google was kind of turning me on. Now, maybe because I am older or, I don’t know why, I like to go on a website like https://www.lupagedigital.com/blog/auto ... ata-import and find all the answers I need there. It’s easier, it takes less time and it’s simply more comfortable! If you feel like you are also tired of searching things for an eternity, you are welcomed to my team!
    BigSamoz
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

Re: Does Google Analytics separate Facebook ads, and FB shares?

by BigSamoz » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Xanxan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:21 pm Yes, it does. The only thing you have to do is to use a referral tags setup and the things will work out. Anyway, when I see all those questions I remember of that time when I was also asking about it over and over and looking for answers on forums, google was kind of turning me on. Now, maybe because I am older or, I don’t know why, I like to go on a website like https://www.lupagedigital.com/blog/auto ... ata-import and find all the answers I need there. It’s easier, it takes less time and it’s simply more comfortable! If you feel like you are also tired of searching things for an eternity, you are welcomed to my team!
    Where can I find some more feedback?