What is considered a good launch?
  • kingsburywatch
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

What is considered a good launch?

by kingsburywatch » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Hey everyone,

So we're on day 3 of our launch, and currently we have over 40% of our goal funded. Is this considered good? Will the backers start dropping off dramatically?

external backers vs backers from kickstarter are currently 50/50, so I was wondering at what point can I expect referals directly from Kickstarter to drop off?

I know the goal is to try and get funded within the first couple days, so I was wondering if anything less is a failure? Hopefully we're on the right track.

Thanks

--
    The MS1 Military Watch Collection:
    http://bit.ly/ms1watchset
  • Njack1014
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is considered a good launch?

by Njack1014 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am

It sounds to me like you are doing a great job with your campaign. Don't give up trying because I think you habe a good possibilty to be successful. I wish you all the success with getting your campaign funded. Take care.

Respectfully,
    Nancy
  • RusHJ
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by RusHJ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Sounds like you're on the right track!

We will be launching our campaign soon also and trying to figure out the best way to get the list of backers. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    ---------
    https://www.hydrationjunkie.com
    First of its kind water jug that attaches your phone, keys, and beyond!
    #CarrySmart #DrinkDown
  • kingsburywatch
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by kingsburywatch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 am

RusHJ wrote:Sounds like you're on the right track!

We will be launching our campaign soon also and trying to figure out the best way to get the list of backers. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

We used a facebook leads ad to capture emails of targeted users. We started 6 weeks prior to launch and if I had to do anything over again it would be to start much sooner, maybe 3 months before launching.
    --
    The MS1 Military Watch Collection:
    http://bit.ly/ms1watchset
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 am

kingsburywatch wrote:

We used a facebook leads ad to capture emails of targeted users. We started 6 weeks prior to launch and if I had to do anything over again it would be to start much sooner, maybe 3 months before launching.

how was your mailing list up till now?
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • AllKnightr
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AllKnightr » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:12 am

kingsburywatch wrote:

This is a great idea! I went ahead and already launched my kickstarter without any prep work in finding backers. I highly regret not doing this before hand and now I am into day 2 with only 4% total funded. I am in desperate need to find more backers but I am kinda at a lost of what to do. I think I will go ahead and do a facebook ad as well and see if I can start collecting information now.