Negative with local currency?
  • abroke
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Negative with local currency?

by abroke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:04 am

Im one of the people behind the campaign "That Drinking Game" on Kickstarter and I have a theory that we would get more sales if the campaign was in pounds, dollars or euros rather Norwegian kroner (NOK)?

Unfortunately, we never got an opportunity to choose ourselves.

Campaign url: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/70 ... nking-game

What do you think?

ShogiCZ
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Negative with local currency?

by ShogiCZ » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 am

Hello, few days ago we launched our first Kickstarter project. We are based in Czech Republic, but according to the Kickstarter requirements we had to find a trustworth person in a country, where is Kickstarter available. The only person we can believe is our relative in Denmark, so the whole project is in DKK. We thought that this will not be such a problem, but many people were confused and started asking about the currency. And of course for many people in Europe it is not comfortable to calculate from DKK to EUR or something else. :(
    We tried to write approx currency conversion in USD to our campaign text and to the pledges, but we do not now how to deal with it in other ways...

Here is our project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... r-everyone
  • kevinsleep
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by kevinsleep » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 am

I will be starting a campaign shortly as well. I am in Canada but want the pledges to show is USD. However, when I set the pledge amount it forces me to use CAD. Do you know how I can fix this problem? You had mentioned that Kickstarter requirments need you to find a trustworth person and because of that your project is in DKK. Where does Kickstarter ask you for the name of that individual?
    SantaMonica
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by SantaMonica » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:39 am

I think you must use CAD. But put in text "about $ in USD", and mention it a few times in your story. Make it seem like Canadian is better.
  • No Mess Charley
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by No Mess Charley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:37 am

From what I understand the amount of your pledge request is shown in the currency of the country where it is being viewed, by some fancy app KS have in their back end. My recommendation is to work out what you product is worth in US dollars and round up your pledge in your local currency to the next $5.00 amount. Eg. I live in New Zealand and I want my initial pledge to be US$25.00, which converts to NZ$33.80, so I will set my pledge amount to NZ$35.00. It is also worth putting a Note: * For international funders this amount may vary due to currency variations during the campaign.