Anyone use backerdatabase or Krowdster backer directory?
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: Anyone use backerdatabase or Krowdster backer directory?

by lowkey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:38 pm

sophiawang wrote:I am running a Indiegogo crowdfunding project now, I search on the Internet to find solutions on how to promote this project. Some of the websites claim that they can provide the backers information to us, but we need to pay money for this. As this is the first time of our crowdfunding, I am not sure whether the backers information are useful, and if we have the backers information, we send emails to them to introduce the campaign to them, will they have any actions on this and support our projects?

You might want to check your inbox, I already told you about your profile signature. The link you put on your profile signature are not connected to your campaign on Indiegogo because its a link copied from your dashboard.

Next, is the needs of backers email lists. If you check on my posts, "1 year 7 Months Marketing Research Compiled"... while I do support the importance of getting leads before launching a campaign, but I am talking about hot leads. The leads generated by genuine interests from customers around the world, not random leads. Read my posts, and take your time.

Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
  • morebackers
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by morebackers » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:01 am

Backerdatabase or Krowdster are interesting, but none of them allow you to export backer email addresses. Also, I don't think it's possible to create a custom audience from facebook usernames anymore (am I wrong??)

I have been working on Kickstarter and Indiegogo projects for a number of years now and I have collected 200,000+ backer email addresses from the projects I have worked on. All my data collection is done so legally ofcourse. Please send me an email morebackers@gmail.com if you would like to use my backer database. I’m happy to share with you and/or other passionate crowdfunders.
    drudge
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by drudge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:07 pm

yes i've used krowster. its cheap, and it provides a small boost. definitely worth it.
    we will not be silenced! we are just getting started!
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 am

So that's one service you like :) Aren't you the same guy as the user gustofwisdom?
    drudge wrote:yes i've used krowster. its cheap, and it provides a small boost. definitely worth it.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • alexissmith
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by alexissmith » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm

The Krowdster backer directory is pretty good I'd say
  • A Clock Work Red
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by A Clock Work Red » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:23 am

Never have, and never will.
    je-innovations
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by je-innovations » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:22 am

I've emailed Backerdatabase 3 times over the last few weeks because I had some questions, but I've never heard from them. That right there is a red flag to me, if they completely ignore pre-sales questions 3 times over. I don't recommend a company that won't reply to a request, although I've never used them.
  • JCGVannier
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JCGVannier » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 am

Krowdster is a scam, their database is far from being up to date and it works like this :
    If a person has tipped over 50 project in "Games" but only one in "Tech", they will appear in both filters as 50+ backers.
    Some accounts doen't even exist anyway, and building and audiance for FB ads from the list doesn't work to target your audiance beacause of the things I have explained earlier.

Now do as you want, but do yourself a favor a save money.
  • smckenzie413
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by smckenzie413 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:39 am

Hi everyone, hope all is well.

Do not use the Krowdster backer directory!!

We lost not a lot, but a significant amount of money - maybe $300 on the backer directory.

Simply put - it just doesn't work. There are thousands of listed "super backers" but you can't tell which are real or fake, and even if you did, it would not help because their social media accounts are all dead or inactive.

I don't want to go on a rant.

--> If you're just a nice person trying to start a business and looking for a way to connect with backers, this is not the platform.

They are taking advantage of you. They are not helping you. They are stealing your money.
  • Vanessa
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Vanessa » Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am

That's simply not true, anyone can register a free account at Krowdster and check the functionality of the Backer Directory.
    #1 Crowdfunding Campaign Optimization, Crowd Building & Promotion App https://www.krowdster.co/